The Neighborhood Play pt. 2

~~~~Airis~~~~

The tapping of the keys on Ms. Katelyn's laptop kept me glued to the screen as her words became a play.

It was actually really fun watching her create a play. And what's more, she made me co-director. She said it was because of my idea to modernize the play that landed me the job. I didn't really know what it meant, but from what Ms. Katelyn says, I would just be helping her prepare the play.

"YES, YES, YES ,YES, YES!!!!" Ms. Kawaii~chan squealed from the other couch in the living room.

"Katelyn-sama, are we allowed to take pictures at the play? Kawaii~chan wants to get the official kiss on camera."

Ms. Katelyn sighed, "Kawaii~chan, you know Aaron hasn't landed the part or Romeo yet."

I kept getting confused around Ms. Kawaii~chan whenever she acted like this. She was obsessed with Ms. Aphmau and Mr. Aaron, for what reason I still didn't understand.

"What? Why?" Ms. Kawaii~chan asked, "It's no fair that since Aaron~kun said that he'd do it that the other guys get a chance at the role, too."

I quickly wrote in my notebook, "Shouldn't everyone get a chance, Ms. Kawaii~chan?"

"Airis is right, Kawaii~chan." Ms. Katelyn said, "Everyone should get at least one chance at becoming Romeo. But, the play does need actors, even if they don't get the part, they still agreed to be in the play."

"So, does this mean Aaron~kun still gets ths part and Katelyn is using Aphmau-senpai to get the other guys to act in the play?"

Ms. Katelyn shook her head, "Not really, no. Honestly, I want to choose the actor the audience will like the most, since I've rewritten the script to a more modern-day theme. So, at the auditions, Airis and I will be watching the audience to see which guy impresses them the most." I nodded in agreement.

"Just give the part to Aaron~kun. He and Aphmau~senpai need to kiss!"

"This is my plan and I'm gonna run it the way I want to! This is art, not a place for your dumb boats!"

"THEY'RE CALLED SHIPS!!" Ms. Kawaii~chan shouted with red cheeks of frustration, "Speaking of which, where is Aphamu~senpai?"

"She's up in her room. Probably getting stoked for her part as Juliet."

I silently sighed and shook my head, even I could hear Ms. Aphmau crying up in her room. She was whining about it last night, too. I didn't see the big deal in playing a role. I thought the character Juliet was sweet and caring, kind of like Ms. Aphmau, but less... crazy.

Later on that afternoon, Ms. Katelyn and I went to the community center to get ready for the auditions. In the corner of the theatre, I played with a few dolls I made using my magic, using the same method to make them move like puppets. They were all based off of pictures of characters from the play.

However, I made them to look like the ones who were auditioning. Some of the dolls were dressed in white clothes while the others were dressed in the play costumes. I made them so it would be easier to pictures what the characters would look like for Ms. Katelyn. Of course, the Ms. Aphmau was dressed in a red dress for her Juliet role.

I realized that I was more conformable using my magic, though not fully, but still, just to create small things like fixing the doors and creating dolls. Mama showed me when I was little how to create things like this. It made me feel closer to her.

"Airis!" Ms. Katelyn called me over to the table in front of the stands, "Come on, it's almost time for the auditions to start."

I nodded, grabbed my dolls and ran to the table, taking my seat next to her. I placed all my dolls on the table, making Ms. Katelyn look at me funny.