A T-Rex with a Chancla

A few days had passed and Airis' fever had passed, much to Aphmau and Aaron's relief, but something changed within Airis just a little bit. She seemed to be a little bit more... open. She talked more about herself, nothing too major, but more about her interests, favorite color and things like that. 

Aaron and Aphmau were surprised by this sudden change, but they didn't complain. Airis seemed to be happier than before, and that was all that mattered.

"Wow... you've done a great job fixing this place up." Aaron said as he looked around their finished bedroom.

"I've done a great job?" Aphmau said, "Give yourself some credit."

"Yeah, you helped fix up the house, too." Airis pointed out.

"All I did was lift things from one spot to another." Aaron stated.

"That still helped." Aphmau said.

"You just don't know how you decorated." Airis chuckled.

Aaron thought back to when they were decorating the house, him being the one changing things up a little in one way or another. They had even gotten into an argument about where the pet's food bowls would go in the kitchen. Airis remembered that well, how the food spilled all over the floor and how she had to keep Celestia from eating the food off of the floor.

"Oh... I... uh... didn't even realize I was doing that..." Aaron chuckled sheepishly.

Aphmau laughed, "It's okay!"

"Uuhhhh.... not really. This is the first time I've lived with anyone else... in a very long time.. I guess I'm still getting used to the idea of... things being out of place. I'm sorry."

"Well... if it makes you feel better... it's the first time I've ever... uh... actually decorated any place outside of my room..."

"Really?" Airis and Aaron asked.

"Yeah. Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan pretty decorated our old place. My apartment before that was barely furnished. So.. it's like something to get use to. You know?"

Airis smiled and nodded, "Yep! Mama and Papa said that new things always take time to get used to."

Aaron and Aphmau looked down at the little girl. Since her fever broke, she spoke a little more about her parents. Not much, but threw a few words from her parents here and there. 

"They said that?" Aaron asked.

"Uh-huh! They said "Change is like a diamond made from stone. It starts off as something strange, but can turn into something beautiful." All we have to do is get used to the stone becoming something different."

"Your parents were wise people." Aphmau commented.

"Speaking of getting used to." Aaron started, "Aph, are you used to me kissing you yet?"

Aphmau's face turned bright red at the mention of Aaron kissing her. Upon instinct, Airis covered her eyes to shield herself from them kissing. 

But just as Aaron and Aphmau were about to kiss, Eli the cat clawed at the curtain, making it go up and showing off their small hug before the kiss--

"Aphmau!" A voice shouted from across the alley. The three looked over out the window and saw the fiery fury of a woman gone mad.

Aphmau's mother, Sylvanna, glared at them with so much anger that if it was flame, it would burn down the entire neighborhood and them some. And when she saw Airis watching the two about to kiss, it made her even more furious.

"WHAT THE-?!" Aphmau shouted, "MOM?!"

"I-I CAN EXPLAIN--" Aaron tried to say.

"AAAAAARRRRRRROOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!!!" Sylvanna screamed as she raced down the stairs in Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan's house to run over to their house.