The Girl In White

Hundreds of thousands of years ago, when the world was still new and young. It was also gullible and prone to deception and cruelty. The world was dark, shadows roamed the skies and earth spreading terrible evil. The people wandered around the world, stumbling in the darkness, lying, cheating, stealing, deceiving. They felt nothing more than horrible and terrible emotions, anger, pain, greed, selfishness. The world was nothing more than a dark pool of evil.

But then, one day, a young child with eyes clear of evil saw this terrible world. She had been hurt by the chaos in the cruel world and wanted to see a speck of light to help those around her. So, she knelt down and prayed for a light, for someone to see the truth of their evil ways. She prayed for days and nights, asking for a light. But then, her body began to fail her, her health weakening as the days passed. Still, she never missed a day of prayer, asking for a light that she may never get to see. 

Soon, the child was preparing to take her last breaths at the tender age of seven years old. The girl, with no family of her own, was left alone as she lay in bed preparing to pass on. But of course, in her last moments, she prayed for a light and for truth to be brought to this cold world of darkness.

All of a sudden, as the first second of the first day in the year came to the world, a bright light shone in front of her eyes. It was so bright that she could hardly see anything, and in that moment, she felt warmth for the first time in her life. Something held her close and radiated warmth and beauty. The girl looked up and saw the most beautiful woman she had ever seen. She was like the sun, shining in a white light that radiated nothing but peace and love. The woman held the little girl in her arms, the child feeling a sense of peace just from being in the woman's arms.

"Dearest child..." The woman spoke, her voice soft like the evening breeze but warm like a summer's day.

"Dearest child, I have heard you calls, listened to your prayers, and have seen the darkness that has swallowed this world. And so, because of your wish, I have come to deliver light and truth to this forsaken world."

The little girl smiled with tears in her eyes, her wishes and prayers have come true. The world she was born into will finally have a light to follow.

"I'm glad...." The girl whispered, "So glad...."

"Please, dear child. Won't do me the honor of bestowing upon me a name, and shall you tell me your name, so that I may take your soul with me to stay by my side for all eternity?" The woman asked.

The girl lifted her head up, the woman leaning down closer as to hear her words....

~~~~~~

Eyes shot open, cutting the dream short and brought the mind to the daylight rising from the window of her home. A pair of soft blue eyes opened, revealing the sight of the beautiful sunrise that rose in the East. The soft rays of the sun slowly engulfed the room in a soft yellow hue as a young soul rose from her bed to greet the morning.

She sat up in bed, feeling the early morning chill even thought it was in the middle of summer. With a deep breath, she tore off the warm blankets and stepped onto the cold stone floor. With her small hand, she grabbed her white robe and wrapped it tightly around her small body as she walked over to the full length mirror in the corner of her room.

The girl sighed, seeing the plain view in her reflection. The mirror showed a lovely face, round and free of scars and blemishes. She wore a beautifully embroidered white gown adorned with white jewels around her neck, that blended well with her rich ivory colored skin. She carefully reached her hands to her hair, unbraiding it to let her white tresses free to fall in soft waves.

She went to her dresser in the corner of her room and pulled out yet another white gown with long sleeves and the trim was long enough to cover her bare feet. It was the nicest dress that she could wear in the only color she was ever allowed to wear. It was the only color that could be associated with this child. From her bed sheets to her clothes, to even the wood of her furniture, they were all colored white and must be cleaned several times a day to avoid defiling the purity of the room. It was all under her father's orders.