The Neighborhood Play pt. 3

~~~~Airis~~~~

"Katelyn? Katelyn!"

"Oh, Katelyn!"

Two voice rang through the entire theatre as Ms. Katelyn and I were preparing for tonight's play. We looked up towards the voices and saw Mr. Laurance and Mr. Garroth running into the theatre.

"What do you guys want? I'm right here." Ms. Katelyn said.

"Say, uh, Katelyn..." Mr. Garroth started saying nervously, "Aaron said he wasn't feeling too well tonight and that he needed to drop out the play."

"WHAT?!" Ms. Katelyn's screamed while I got confused. I just saw Mr. Aaron in the dressing rooms backstage and he looked perfectly fine.

"Are you serious? The play is tonight, we've been rehearsing a whole two days for this! Why isn't he here telling me this himself?" She screamed again.

"He's... just that sick. Yeah." Mr. Laurance said. I sighed and went to grab my notebook so I could tell Ms. Katelyn the truth, when I noticed that it had gone missing.

I looked under the table, around the seat I was sitting in, and saw it nowhere.

Ms. Katelyn sighed, annoyed by the sudden change in roles, "Well, Garroth, you're Aaron's understudy, so I guess if he can't make it, then you get the part."

"Yes! The kiss is mine!" Mr. Garroth shouted and jumped happily. Everything came together. He wanted Ms. Aphmau's kiss. Talk about a hard crush, faking a person's sickness just to get a kiss.

"Hey Katelyn!" A voice called from the backstage door. Mr. Dante came out holding a hammer.

"The sets are secure..." He stopped talking when he saw Mr. Garroth's happy expression, "Geez, Garroth, what's with that giddy face you've got?"

"Aaron had to drop out of the play due to an illness, so Garroth, being his understudy, gets the role." Ms. Katelyn explained.

"Uh... Aaron is backstage rehearsing his lines." Mr. Dante said, slightly confused as Mr. Laurance and Mr. Garroth jumped in surprise.

"Are you kidding me?" She asked in a flat tone.

I shook my head, disappointed in these grown men.

"Garroth, we boarded up Aaron's house, did you not make sure that he was inside?" Mr. Laurance angrily whispered to Mr. Garroth.

"No, I thought you did." Mr. Garroth said in the same tone as Mr. Laurance.

"That's it Laurance, Garroth! This is the third time you've tried to get Aaron out of the role as Romeo!" Ms. Katelyn yelled, "One more time before the play starts and I'll have you both not in the play at all." She took a breath and quickly rehained her composure.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to make sure Cadenza is finished with those costumes." She turned to me, "Airis, can you be a dear and try to keep an eye on these guys?"

I nodded and smiled. Ms. Katelyn smiled back, patted me on the head affectionately and then ran off backstage to check on Ms. Cadenza.

"DANTE!" Mr. Laurance and Mr. Garroth screamed at the blue haired man.

"What?" Mr. Dante replied, "It's not my fault you guys didn't tell me about your elaborate scheme beforehand. I wouldn't have said anything if you guys had told me."

Ms. Kawaii~chan came out from backstage.

"What's with all the yelling, Dante~kun?" She asked, "What did Garroth~kun and Laurance~kun tell you?"