Blessed and Cursed

It had been six months since Selenite and Mireya were brought together, and right from the beginning, Selenite told the girl every detail about his family line and what would happen to the two of them. The love, the bonding, the eventually birth of a child carrying the curse, as well as their death once the child becomes four years of age at least. With his past being revealed, Mireya did the same with hers, as it was equal to share the past of someone you shared something in common with: The loss of loved ones, especially when it happens right in front of you.

Mireya began her story with her family's history. A story about a woman with incredible power that passed that power down and it continued to grow stronger and stronger with each generation, ultimately coming to her generation. She is the first and only child of a strong Lumberman and a powerful mage. The three of them lived in a small remote part of the mountains where the snow never melted, and though it was mainly cut off from people, the little family was happy with the peace and quiet.

With lessons and guidance from her mother, Mireya learned powerful magic spells that many other witches couldn't even imagine would be possible. She was happy living with her parents, studying and practicing magic, but then they came. Soldiers dressed in metal and held guns to their heads. One man dressed in a violet and gold robe demanded that her parents give up Mireya peacefully, but of course they never did, and that cost them their lives. In front of a screaming Mireya for mercy, the men took her parents lives and took her away from their small home, making sure the burn away any evidence. Thus her imprisonment here.

However, instead of being disgusted or appalled by the situation, Mireya understood the situation completely and wanted to help Selenite become free.

"Let me help you get out of this place." Mireya said with a calm smile, her hand on Selenite's back to comfort him, "Let me take you to see the world."

Selenite was confused for a moment, thinking that this girl he had known for only a couple of months was crazy for wanting to help him escape this prison. But then, he thought this could be his only chance to finally see the world he had only read about in the few books the soldiers provided him. He wanted to see the green trees, the bright blue skies, the wonderful mountains and oceans, to taste the sweet waters of natural rivers. And to meet other werewolves. 

He looked over at Mireya and nodded, wanting so badly to escape the only place he had known in the world in order to see the world that he never knew. Mireya smiled and hugged him for the first time in sixth months since she's been there. It wasn't much for her, but this was everything to Selenite, since it was the first time since he was a young child that he was hugged with such care.

Mireya told him about several spells that she learned from her mother, one of them being a powerful time spell. With enough magic and strength, Mireya could freeze time for a short while depending on the amount of strength and magical essence she had within her. The downside to this spell is that it takes time to gather enough power to cast it, and if the plan didn't work, she would be incapacitated for a time. Selenite understood the dangers and risks, but he also had a plan to keep up with the spell she wanted to cast.

The young Ultima had learned when he was eight, that his power allowed him to transform into a black wolf with the strength to take down a large horde of soldiers. He wanted to use that power to push past the soldiers if they needed to. It was a plan, but to keep their plan under the radar, they would need to keep their secrets, and that meant keeping Mireya's magical essence as low as possible until she was ready to cast the time spell.

So, their careful planning was put into effect. For the next several years, Selenite acted like nothing was wrong or different in the facility, taking all the torture and experiments with the full brunt. Mireya, much like the other girls who were brought to the facility, was kept in the same room as Selenite to form a relationship between the two of them. And it worked in favor for the couple. They began to feel admiration and affection towards each other, but both wouldn't act on their feelings until their plan was complete and their escape secured.