Vol 5: Chapter 7 - Rabbit Group

13 August

With my PS Vita in hand, logged into Minecraft, I made my way to the meeting room half an hour ahead of schedule, seeking some solitude to unwind.

I'm a little too absorbed in my console that I paid little attention to my surroundings, relying on muscle memory to guide me to my destination, a normal routine for me.

Alright, what the fuck, Kiyotaka? You filled up my place with creepers and now my fucking bunker blew up! You killed my pet dog!

Fucking hell, that was an asshole move. Shouldn't be surprised, though. He is the biggest asshole I've ever met in my life.

Once, he surreptitiously inserted my straw into a hot sauce packet, then submerged it in my Sprite. Unaware of everything, as I took a sip, all I experienced was the intense heat of the hot sauce coursing down my throat instead of the expected soda.

"Sup, Matsuo!"

Hearing my name being called, I looked up and saw my classmate and groupmate, Nishimuro Ryuko.

What the hell does this little delinquent want with me?

She's above average in both academics and physical abilities, but not someone that I can rate as exceptional based on what I've seen of her so far.

She attended the same elementary and junior high school as me before I had to move away due to the circumstances surrounding Kiyotaka.

She held a certain degree of fear in our neighbourhood, evidently being the most notorious delinquent. Although we weren't particularly close, we did share some history and interactions.

"... What?"

Using her fingers, she gestured for me to come closer, then discreetly returned her hands to her blazer pocket.

No, can you even call that a blazer? She's the only one in the entire school who had the bright idea to lengthen her blazer to such an extent that it extends around her knees. It's essentially like a damn coat right now.

Is that even allowed?

She did the same thing with her elementary and middle school uniforms. It's just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that she wanted to evoke the aura of a mafia boss.

With a sigh, I powered off my console, making sure to save my progress, then stowed it in my pocket before heading in her direction.

"Sup."

"Sup with you. We haven't had a proper chance to catch up since enrolling here, have we?" She spoke casually, her condescending smirk still firmly in place.

"Is there a need to do so? Or, are you just trying to convince me to be your wingman so that you can score Kiyotaka?"

Despite her never showing any indication of interest in Kiyotaka, threw that statement out there.