Vol 2: Chapter 8 - Massacre of 6/7

Quints and Honami POV

June 7, Friday

The following day, Kiyotaka-kun didn't show up for class.

What was that? What happened to him? Why was he like that? There's so many unanswered questions about Kiyotaka-kun. So many things we don't understand.

But one thing is certain. Kiyotaka-kun was absolutely terrifying yesterday. His eyes were devoid of emotions, filled with nothingness. It was hollow, like staring into an endless abyss. We finally realised why Matsuo-kun called him the Prince Of The Abyss.

The senpai that tried to assault Ichika was sent to a mental hospital. The trauma from what happened made him insane. He couldn't stop shaking and calling Kiyotaka-kun a demon. If it wasn't for what happened, he would have been expelled. His private points were transferred to Ichika, the victim.

We're currently at lunch with Ichinose-san right now. The shock from what happened yesterday was still fresh in our minds.

If it weren't for the fact that he told us to take care of Ichika, we would've believed that we were next. Our lives flashed before our eyes as we thought that we were his next prey.

Ichika: Kiyotaka-kun...

Nino: He was scary...

Yotsuba: I never thought that Kiyotaka-san could do something like that...

Itsuki: What happened to him...

Honami: He was nothing like the Kiyotaka-kun I've always known... But at the same time, for some reason, it didn't felt like he was behaving out of character...

Itsuki: I agree, it's like...

Nino: It's like he was no longer putting on a facade right?

We nodded our heads in agreement. That was exactly what it felt like.

Yotsuba: Is that his true self...? The Kiyotaka-san behind the mask?

Ichika: I... don't know. Part of me is strongly denying it. It's still thinking of Kiyotaka-kun as the hero that saved and helped me countless times. But, what I saw yesterday are facts which I cannot deny.

Miku: Are you guys... scared of him...

The four of us turned to Miku.

Ichika: I... I don't know...

Itsuki: Before he left, he told us to take care of Ichika. So I think that shows that he doesn't want to hurt us.

Yotsuba: But still, I couldn't help but be scared of him slightly... But at the same time, I know now, that Kiyotaka-san needs help.

Nino: That's right. Kiyo is... somethings happening to him.

Miku: That's right. What I'm trying to say, is that we must try and help him.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm never going to leave Kiyotaka suffering alone.

Ichika: I... Yes. I feel partly responsible because if it wasn't for me, Kiyotaka-kun would not have acted like that.

Itsuki: You must not blame yourself. Kiyotaka-kun will never blame you for something like that.

Yotsuba: Yes, he was trying to protect you, though he might have gone overboard, that doesn't change his intentions.

Nino: So, are we all in agreement?

Honami: I don't know what is happening or has happened to him, but I'm never going to abandon Kiyotaka-kun. Just like how he never abandoned me, or any one of us. I love with him with all of my heart, body, and soul. If Kiyotaka-kun can't act like himself around me or stayed away from me because I'm scared of him, I will never forgive myself. Even if the whole world is against him, I will always stay by his side. Just like how he promised to do the same for me.