Vol 4: Chapter 4 - Let the games begin

1 August

We walked from the beach toward a gigantic forest. One of the boys looked visibly shaken.

"Is it really okay for us to go in there? We might get really lost. I can't see into it at all."

That was precisely why we had the roll call rule and the emergency button installed on our wristwatches. We had to cooperate. If we didn't work together, then we'd probably end up panicking and spending our points like they grew on trees.

"Kiyotaka-kun, have you thought of a strategy or anything?" Itsuki asked.

"Don't know. I'm kind of in my summer vacation mood."

Why wouldn't anyone be? All I wanted to do was review every single item on the menu of every single restaurant on the cruise with Itsuki.

And hopefully be given permission to jump off the cruise. It should be a rather thrilling experience. Unfortunately, I have not been granted permission to do so.

This just proves how unfair and cruel our society is. The school should be ashamed of themselves.

"That's... kinda bad for us, isn't it..." Yotsuba said.

"If Kiyotaka can't help, what are we supposed to do?" Miku muttered, looking worried.

"I'm sure he's already thought of something, even without trying." Nino said.

"Just relax. We're still in the lead. Even if we spend 150 points, we would probably still be at the top. Besides, Itsuki, Horikita, Hirata and Kikyou will think of something. You guys are also this Class' leaders."

"Yeah, but... without you on our side, things no longer seem as bright for us anymore. After all, we are only in Class A thanks to you, Kiyotaka-kun."

Even if I don't take action, I have enough confidence in the strength of my class that they will be able to compete on their own. Eichiro can take over for me and they would be strong enough to at least put up a fight against Arisu.

As we continued traversing the dense forest, a figure very suddenly latched onto my right arm. As the figure latched on my arm, I could feel two balloons squishing onto me.

"Kyaa! Ayanokouji-kun! I'm so scared!" Satou exlaimed.

Is she really scared? Is it possible for her to be scared with that huge smile on her face.

"What's there to be scared off?"

"The forest is so scary! Save me!"

"Kyaa! I'm so scared as well, Kiyotaka-kun!" Kei exclaimed as well as she latched onto my other arm, purposely pressing her airbags onto me.

What in the world is going on? Nothing's happened.

"Oi! Let go of Kiyo right this instant!"

She says that, but she's trying to slither in as well.

"Kiyotaka-sama, please, shield me as I venture into this unknown territory."

"Ahh! I'm so scared, Kiyotaka!"

"What the hell are you doing on my back, Eichiro?"

"I'm so scared! Save me! Hahahaha!"

Haha. Very funny. Bloody idiot.

"Kiyotaka! I'm scared as well!" Miku said.

Soon, basically most of the girls are saying and doing the same thing. One by one, they clawed over one another in an attempt to get a hold of me.

It's like the goddamn apocalypse.

What terrible liars. Smiling so widely like that and claiming to be scared.