Vol 2 : Chapter 7 - A letter

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

June 6, Thursday

It's 3. 30pm, after school, right now. I'm currently about to enter the electronics shop with Kikyou and Airi. We came here as soon as school ended. It shouldn't take too long.

Kikyou: Let's see, I'm sure they have a repair counter somewhere. Let's check it out.

Kikyou headed towards the back of the store in search for the repair counter.

Airi: I wonder if they'll fix it right away...

Airi, looked rather anxious as she took out her digital camera and
held it tight.

Kiyotaka: You really love your camera don't you?

Airi: Yeah, it's weird isn't it?

Kiyotaka: No, not at all. It's a good hobby to have, isn't it? I get the feeling there's a significant story attached to that camera. It'd be great if they fixed it soon.

Airi: Yeah.

Kikyou: There it is! The repairs counter.

The store was crowded with a huge number of products and difficult to
navigate, but towards the back was the place where they handled repairs.

Airi: Ah...

For some reason, Airi suddenly stopped in her tracks. When I
glanced over at her, I noticed she was wearing an expression of blatant fear and revulsion. It seemed that something had upset her quite a bit. However, when I followed Airi's line of sight, I saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Kikyou: What's the matter, Sakura-san?

Airi: Ah, umm... Well...

Although it seemed like she was about to say something, all Airi did was shake her head and take a deep breath.

Airi: It's nothing.

She donned an earnest smile, and walked to the repair counter. Kikyou
and I exchanged looks, but decided to follow her.

Kikyou talked to the store clerk and asked him to repair the digital camera. Meanwhile, incredibly bored, I checked out the appliances on display.

Even though it was her first time meeting the store clerk, Kikyou was soon talking to him as if they were longtime friends.

Airi, the camera's owner, spoke only when she needed to give her consent or to clarify something. Even so, the store clerk appeared pretty fired up.

He aggressively engaged Kikyou in
conversation, without even pausing for a breath.

Although I could just barely hear the conversation, it sounded like he was asking Kikyou on a date. He asked if she wanted to see a certain female idol's concert, which was being screened over in the theater.

He seemed like quite the otaku, judging from how passionate he was
about a wide range of subjects, from idol elections to idol magazines.

Because Kikyou didn't show any signs of disliking the conversation, he probably thought he could successfully ask her out.

Unfortunately for him, Kikyou is probably thinking of him as the most disgusting person. Not just from his appearance, but from the way he speaks and acts as well.

He seemed to be getting excited over talking to such a cute girl, but their conversation didn't proceed any further.

As I'd expected, Kikyou began to feel awkward, or more like fed up. In order to conclude their business, she urged Airi to hand over the camera.