Vol 2: Chapter 6 - Special Building

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

June 5, Wednesday

Last night, I had received an email from Airi. It contained the credibility that I needed to prove that she was there during the incident. Luckily, the photo does not show Ken brutally beating up the three Class D idiots. It was as Airi said, Ken was being held by them.

Still, this does not show who started the fight

Still, this does not show who started the fight. But that's ok. All I needed was proof that Airi was at the scene. Now that I had convinced Airi to stay at home and not show up for the trial, the groundwork has been set.

Also, news about my challenge spread like wildfire. I was constantly being barraged by questions in the groupchat and private messages. But I mostly ignored them as I couldn't be bothered with it right now.

Luckily, I showed up just before class began, so they could not continue pestering me.

Ever since what happened yesterday, Kikyou had been smiling widely the whole day. A lot of our classmates had seem to noticed that as well. It's not unnatural to see her smiling, but smiling so widely, and so much was still going to be too noticeable.

She was asked a lot of questions by our classmates, but she had managed to dodge the questions or deflect it.

It was hot and humid as classes came to an end. Horikita, Itsuki, and I made our way over to the special building, where the incident had taken place.

It didn't really look any different than usual. I didn't see any indication that this building's facilities were used frequently, like the special classrooms, the home economics room, the AV room, etc. This would have been an ideal place to call Ken out.

Itsuki: It's so hot...

This heat was abnormal. This was probably how summer at school
should feel, but I had at least imagined that inside the building would be somewhat comfortable, the cool air balancing out the heat.

The air conditioning was probably on during class time in the special building, but it certainly wasn't right now.

Horikita: We've only been here for a while and I'm already perspiring so much.