Vol 2: Chapter 11 - Attack On Woman

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

June 11, Tuesday

After school

Honami: Kiyotaka-kun! Over here! Over here!

Honami waved at me from afar with a cheerful smile. I walked over to her.

Kiyotaka: Hello Honami. Were you waiting long?

Honami: No, I've only just arrived.

Kiyotaka: That's good. Why did you want to meet me here?

We're currently at the park nearby Keyaki mall. She had texted me to meet her here today.

Honami: I wanted to ask you how the trial went yesterday, but I was too late because you've already left.

Kiyotaka: Sorry, I was kind of tired, so I went back home.

Honami: It's fine, I understand how tiring this must be for you. So, what happened at the trial yesterday?

I described the events that had transpired yesterday.

Honami: I see. A retrial huh? Do you have a plan Kiyotaka-kun?

Kiyotaka: I actually do have a plan.

Honami: Can you tell me about it?

Kiyotaka: The special building, on the third floor, where the fight happened, there were no cameras in that hallway right?

Honami: Yeah, that's why the case is so difficult for you isn't it?

Kiyotaka: Well, we're all convinced that the Class D students set Ken up. So, I'm planning to install fake cameras there to trick them into thinking that there was a camera the entire time, recording their actions. If they really did set Ken up, they would be in trouble wouldn't they? I want them to withdraw the case by saying that if they do, then there will be no damages to both classes.

Honami looked at me with a surprised and impressed expression.

Honami: Woah! So, you're planning to bluff them!? I never thought of that. As expected of Kiyotaka-kun!

Kiyotaka: The heat will compromise the Class D students' ability to think.
They'd be in crisis mode, without a chance to relax. In addition, they'd feel psychologically threatened during the standoff. There is no way that they can figure out we were bluffing. Even if they'd doubted it, they will have no time to investigate.

Honami: I see, I see. That makes a lot of sense. But, what if Sudou-kun really was the one that started this fight? Despite how we're certain he didn't, it could still be true.

Kiyotaka: If that happens, then Ken will be punished for it. I want to teach him a lesson, that his temper can cause a lot of trouble for everyone. I do feel bad that he won't be able to participate in the tournament, but he needs to understand that his temper is what caused this incident in the first place.

Honami: I guess you're right about that, though it is a little cruel. Do you think your plan will work?

Kiyotaka: I'm sure it has a good chance.

Honami: Well, if Kiyotaka-kun is the one planning it, I'm sure it will-

Suddenly, I received a call. I checked my phone and saw that it was coming from Airi.

Kiyotaka: Give me a minute alright.

Honami: Sure.

I picked up the phone.

Kiyotaka: Hel-

Airi: KIYOTAKA-KUN! AH-!

The call ended as quickly as I picked it up. Honami narrowed her eyes at my phone. Because the volume was quite loud, even Honami managed to hear it. I quickly went to my contacts to track Airi's location.