Vol 4: Chapter 0 - To the seas

"Ayanokouji, can you do a headcount? Make sure everyone's on the bus."

"I can do it, but I'm too lazy. Itsuki, do a headcount for me." I handed her the clipboard and pen.

"Alright, fine." She agreed without fuss.

I continued to stand in front of the bus, facing the class, while Itsuki performed a headcount, occasionally ticking the paper on the clipboard to mark for attendance.

While Itsuki continued to check for attendance, I chatted with the bus driver for a while.

"Hey, how much does this bus cost?"

"Huh? Well, I don't know. The school rented it for me. I'm just the driver here."

"Want a break?"

"What are you talking about, kid?"

"Let me drive."

"Ayanokouji, no!" Sae-sensei pulled me away from the bus driver and apologised to him who just smiled at me wryly.

"Hey, Sae-sensei. How much did the school buy this bus for?"

"Why do you want to know that?"

"I want to buy my own bus and customise it with sofas, beds, kitchens, games, you know, what buses are made for."

"I don't know how much the school bought or rented the bus for, but that is not what buses are made for."

"Yes, it is."

"Looks like all 40 of us are here." Itsuki cut our conversation short as she finished marking attendance and handed the clipboard and pen back to Sae-sensei.

"Got it."

I started making my way down the aisle of the bus.

"Ayanokouji-kun! Sit with me!" Satou ushered.

"No, he should sit with me!"

"Kiyo, sit here!"

"You guys should give up! Kiyotaka-kun will obviously sit with me since he wants to sleep on my chest." Ichika patted her well-endowned chest with pride.

"If that's the case, Kiyopon should sit with me!"

"I'm not sitting with anyone of you."

I walked towards the far right of the bus, and sat next to Eichiro, who was at the window seat, and Hirata who saved a seat for me.

"Damn it!" The girls grumbled in frustration.

"Can you really go on this trip with your arm like that? I know you removed the cast already but still."

"The school did advise me to stay, but I really wanted to come and the doctor said I can do light activities like playing video games and playing video games."

"So, no hard duty stuff for you."

"Yup. I get to take it easy and I'm gonna enjoy this trip to the fullest."

"Whatever suits you. Guess you're like Arisu who refused to stay and wanted to come along."

"Guess so."

"Everyone, may I have your attention?" Sae-sensei called out to us and stood at her seat as the bus began to move.

"So, as you guys know, you guys will be spending your summer vacation aboard a luxury cruise ship prepared by the school. According to the schedule, you will spend your first week staying on a deserted island. After that, you guys can enjoy the cruise ship for another week. I suggest you guys think long and hard about how you are going to spend your summer and not waste it. I hope you guys don't come back from this trip with regrets. Any questions?"