Vol 4: Chapter 15 - Guilty or not Guilty?

5th August,

5th Day, 9:35 AM

I've left the rock tunnel a while ago and am nearing back to base. I've been thinking about the possibility of Ibuki being a spy, and might be getting nearer to a conclusion. The problem, or key, here, is how much Ryueen trusts Ibuki.

That information is currently unknown to me, which makes it quite difficult to be certain. If Ryueen honestly trusts Ibuki, then her having a camera would make little to no sense, as he would just write down whatever name Ibuki said she saw on our keycard. Similarly, if Ryueen doesn't trust her, but trusts that Ibuki doesn't want her class to lose out on points.

On the other hand, it would make sense for her to be equipped with that camera if Ryueen doesn't trust her, meaning he suspects she might betray the class or make a mistake. However, why would he allow someone he doesn't trust to be a spy, knowing full well that she could leak information about her class, straight up confess to being one or slip up.

The other thing is Ibuki hasn't done anything noteworthy at all. If she was a spy, then she must be having a hellish time right now. She's constantly under watch by Horikita, and she's not allowed to get even a glance, much less near our mechanism, to ascertain our leader's identity.

All she does so far is stay in the tent, go out to eat, or chat with Kei's group. She's not even allowed to assist in tasks. I chat with her quite often as well because I do not want her to get bored or lonely. My meal times would usually be with her, which I heard has caused the girls in my class to be quite frustrated.

There's only two days now, so if she's a spy, she would have to move soon. Horikita's not fully well yet as her leg isn't in the best of conditions, but she's no longer nauseous or experiencing any symptoms, so I would have to ask her to pull an all-nighter to keep watch over Ibuki by faking sleep.

I'm near our base now, and from a distance, I could hear someone crying. It's quite obviously a girl's voice, but from this distance, I wasn't able to tell who it is. As I got closer, I was able to start deciphering what's being said.

"Look, just apologise to Ayanokouji, and I'm sure he'll forgive you, alright?"

If I'm inferring the situation correctly, then the culprit must've been found.

"I've been saying from the start, I didn't do it! I don't know how it got there, but I didn't do it!"

"The fact says otherwise. Even though there's no proof of you actually doing it, the fact that it was in your possession is enough."

"I didn't do any of it! Just shut up and go away, Yukimura-kun! I hate you! I hate you!"

"If you don't want to admit it, it's fine. I know there's no definite proof that you actually stole it, but either way, I'll have to let Ayanokouji know of what we found."

"N-No! Please don't! I don't want him to hate me! Not him! Please!"

"Sorry, but I don't have any other choice."

"Just say that you didn't find it, Yukimura-kun! Look what's happening to her because of you! Even though it was in her bag, I believe she didn't do it!"

The argument seemed intense and was only going to continue escalating from what I can tell.

"What's going on here?" I asked as I finally reached base.

"A-Ayanokouji-kun!?" The girl in question. The one that had been crying and voicing out her hatred for Yukimura. That girl is Azuma Sana.

Upon seeing my arrival, she quickly zipped the tent and locked herself inside. Her crying was clear for the rest of the class to hear.