Vol 2: Chapter 15 - Nagumo Miyabi

June 16, Sunday

7 pm

Nagumo Miyabi POV

Ever since what happened on 6/7, I've sworn to myself that I will never ever do anything to set him off. That bloody monster. That moment, when he asked me that one question,

How do you want to die?

At that time, I truly saw my life flashing before my eyes. I thought that was the end for me.

I tremble just thinking about it. His eyes were filled with nothingness. His voice was monotone and didn't contain a shred of emotion. It was like he was asking 'what would you like to eat?' As if he was asking a normal question.

Well, as long as I live out the rest of my time here in peace and without causing him any problems, I should be fine...

I'm currently walking towards the spot behind the second-year dorms. Asahina had called me out here, saying that I wouldn't want to miss this. I don't know what she's talking about, but if it means making Ayanokouji my enemy, I will reject it. No matter what. That way, I'll at least be safe... is what I thought.

How did things end up like this? Why? When? There's so many questions on my mind right now. As the situation played out, the shock from what's happening caused me to freeze in place and stunned into silence.

Right now, I had arrived behind the second-year dorms. And what I saw, ended my life in this school.

Ayanokouji's left palm just had a knife pierced through it. He fell on his knees with the knife stuck in his palm as he clutched his left hand. Despite having a knife pierced through his palm, and him clutching his hand, as if in pain, he still didn't show any reaction whatsoever.

Snap!

Behind me, a bright flash, and the sound of a camera snapping a photo could be heard. I could only stand there, not moving an inch, as I stared at Ayanokouji in horror.

Fuka: How could you do this former Vice President? You attempted to murder the current Vice President? That's awful!

The sound of Kiryuuin's obviously sarcastic voice registered in my eardrums.

I couldn't say anything. I couldn't move. I couldn't comprehend what's happening right now.

Fuka: Hello? Yes, president. I'm going to need a medic and security behind the second-year dorms. Nagumo Miyabi had just attempted to murder Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

Kiryuuin spoke on her phone. Her voice, sounding like a maiden calling for help.

Less than 5 minutes later, the president came running towards us. As soon as he arrived and saw the situation, he had a face filled with shock. After a while, he broke out of his trance and went towards Ayanokouji.

Manabu: Are you ok, Ayanokouji?

Kiyotaka: Yeah. It hurts a lot, but luckily, I caught the knife and it didn't hit any vital organs.

Manabu: It's a good thing that you didn't remove the knife, otherwise, you could die from blood loss.

Kiyotaka: I know.

The president turned his head in my direction. His face loooked at me apologetically. He obviously knew that I didn't do any of this. He knew I'm being framed. But unfortunately, he can't do anything to stop this at all.

Fucking hell. Even when I didn't provoke or did anything to anger him again, he still did this.

I should never have gotten myself involved with this monster. To think he would even do something like this. He's ruthless. Meeting him is my greatest regret.