Vol 1: Chapter 8 - Challenges

Ayanokouji POV

3 April, Wednesday

Everyone was stunned in silence for a while. Horikita was staring at me with her mouth agape and eyes wide. The rest were no better.

1-D: Huh?

1-D: EHHHH!?!?

Well, this is gonna be troublesome.

" YOU BECAME THE VICE PRESIDENT!?"

"IT'S ONLY THE 3RD DAY OF SCHOOL!"

"AYANOKOUJI-KUN IS SO AMAZING!"

They seem to be forgetting that Chiaki also got a spot in the council. Before things got out of hand, I decided to put a stop to this, knowing full well that Chabashira sensei won't do it.

Kiyotaka: Class is starting soon. If you guys don't calm down, we're going to lose points over such a stupid reason.

As soon as they heard about losing points, they immediately quietened down and allowed homeroom to begin.

Throughout classes, Horikita kept glancing at me, but I paid her no mind. The class was so boring since I've already learnt everything there is to know here when I was a child. The entire time till lunch, I was having a chess match against myself in my head.

As lunch came, people immediately rushed towards me, mostly girls. Thankfully, Hirata and Kushida intervened and put a stop to it.

Hirata: Everyone, we should let Ayanokouji-kun have his lunch. He must've joined the student council with Matsushita-san to help the class in the long run. We can ask him questions after school ends. How does that sound?

Kushida: I agree. He must be very tired from helping the class a lot. Let's give him some rest alright.

Before the girls could reluctantly agree, the sound of the door slamming open, caught the attention of everyone in the class.

Her beauty must've entranced everybody in the class, because everyone was just staring at her.

She walked up to me, completely ignoring the stares she's getting from everyone. She smirked at me

Kiryuuin: Hello my dear Kouhai-kun. You've gone and done something interesting, haven't you? Well, two interesting things actually.

Kiyotaka: I don't think it's that interesting is it?

Kiryuuin: Well let's talk about it over lunch, shall we. It will be very uncomfortable to talk about this while everyone is staring at us.

Kiyotaka: Fine.

I took out my bento from my bag and was about to leave the class, but Chiaki and the quints immediately tried to follow me. They, along with the other girls in the class glared coldly at Kiryuuin.

Chiaki: Who is this girl Kiyotaka-sama?

Quints: Ya who is she!?

Kiryuuin immediately widened her eyes, but then started grinning widely. She pointed at Chiaki.

Kiryuuin: So you are the one eh.

Chiaki: What are you talking about? I don't even know you.

Kiryuuin: Never mind, it's not my place to answer.

Chiaki: What do you mean? Please answer the question.

I decided to intervene as I'm starving.

Kiyotaka: Chiaki, that's enough. Just go eat with your friends first. The same with you guys. I've got some errands to run.