Vol 5: Chapter 5 - Darkness in Mundanity

12 August

Now at 8.59pm, the second discussion of the first day will start in a minute. Earlier, Hirata and Akito decided to go out and take away some lunch for the 5 of us to eat together in our room.

I feel a little bad for them, because on top of Kouenji's rather difficult orders due to his diet plan, they had to carry three times more food than usual due to Eichiro and I's heavy appetite.

If pregnant women eat for two, then Eichiro and I eat for a village in Africa and Ethiopia refugees. Now, I'm in what's known as a 'food coma', where one is in a state of sleep or extreme lethargy induced by the consumption of a large amount of food.

Eichiro and I were so full and tired that we were about to leave and head to our respective discussions in our boxers.

Thankfully, Hirata and Akito, the only two mentally sane people, managed to stop us. They had to physically help us get dressed properly, because otherwise, we will be walking around the cruise in our undies.

"What are you guys staring at?" I groggily entered the room with my arms wrapped around Hirata, who's acting as my literal pillar of support.

Not even bothering to hear their responses, I threw myself on the couch at the corner of the room.

Arisu, who's sitting on the couch as well, turned to me in surprise. Her hands gently caressed my hair a little, but then she quickly pulled away.

She's not even bothering to look at me anymore as she continued sitting in silence and stared at nothing in particular. My princess is still undoubtedly sulking with me.

"What the fuck happened to him?"

"Hirata-kun, what happened to Kiyotaka-kun for him to end up like that!?" Hiyori exclaimed, full of worry.

"He's experiencing a food coma..."

"Ah... I see..." Hiyori, Itsuki and Honami, the three most worried about me, breathed a sigh of relief and patted their chest.

"Is he really going to... sleep for this whole discussion?" Katsuragi asked, perplexed.

"It seems like it..." Hirata smiled wryly as he scratched his cheeks. "So, for now, we should just continue this discussion without him."

Arisu would probably continue to sulk here and refuse to join the discussion. She's already aware of the Dragon Groups' VIPs' identity, so there is no more reason for her to continue engaging.

Albeit for a different reason, I'm unsure if Katsuragi would continue to sit out. He knows that this exam is Arisu's turn to lead. One on hand, he has his own dead set strategy to tackle this exam, but on the other hand, he might take advantage of Arisu's emotional instability to try and win this exam in order to gain more followers in the class.

Ryueen would undoubtedly be trying to find out the VIP and win this group and other groups by himself. I'm expecting a class ruled under a dictatorship like his to produce some rebels. That's certain, especially considering his defeat in the island exam.

Even though most of his classmates are afraid of him and would reluctantly follow his orders, the guarantee of anonymity in this exam would increase the likelihood that some brave souls would try and earn the 500,000 private points on their own, if they are able to figure out the identity of the VIP themselves.

The unpredictable one here is Kanzaki. Now that he's in a good position to take the spot of leadership in his class from Honami, it'll be interesting to see what moves he will decide to make from here on out.

"I'd like to start the discussion by trying to figure out who the VIP is, so that we can all clear this exam through outcome 1."

It would seem like he's decided to heed my advice and go along with Honami's wishes.