Chapter 167: In The Face Of Death IV

[Vast Desert Near The City of Anvil]

In this vast wasteland of sand where water nor plant ever shows up, both Ester and Asmaveth are currently running for their life as a huge sand worm is chasing them from behind with a length of 8,000 ft, which is the same size of an airport in terms of length, as for its width it is about 33ft, which is big enough in comparison to a three story building. With such a huge monster currently chasing them, it is no wonder why both of them who posses such dangerous abilities would ran away from the threat itself. After all in comparison to the huge sand worm, they are as small as an ant.

Initially they weren't attacked by such sand worm in the desert, this chase only started when a bunch of desert monsters attacked Asmaveth due to the Scorpioche being a huge prey for the monsters itself. After despite moving, the smell of a dead corpse attract any monsters who ate corpses, which led them towards Asmaveth.

Naturally a battle occur between them and for some reason Ester was also attacked since he was with them as Asmaveth's companion and captive, despite not being restrained. Since they were attacked, they naturally defended themselves to the point that they had killed the monsters and spilled their blood unto the sand.

Unfortunately unknown to them, there was a dangerous monster in that part of the desert who are attracted to blood. So the moment the blood of the monsters seeped within the sand, the sand worm, which towers over them and even the Scorpioche, then made its grand entrance by attacking the Scorpioche from below. In one feel swoop, the Scorpioche was lifted into the air, as the sand worm took this chance to bit it from below and completely destroy its protective carapace.

The moment Asmaveth felt that he cant save the Scorpioche, he then jumped down from the Scorpioche, which Ester then followed to not loose sight of his target. After all even at this point, Asmaveth is still his target.

The moment they landed, they simply watched as the sand worm completely crushed the Scorpioche with its fangs, before it threw it into the air once more, and made a huge bite which it directly swallowed the monster. Once the Scorpioche was no more, Ester realized the danger they were in, as he quickly transformed into a fast moving monster he could think, and picked up Asmaveth by its hoodie, despite the risk of being infected by its death magic.

With that until now, they are currently chased by a huge sandworm which looms from behind them.

"Ahhhhhhh!!!! It's catching up!!! Run faster!!! Hurry!!!" screamed by Asmaveth, as he pulled his legs up in order to not trip himself on the way

"Shut up! your not helping!!!" rebuted by Ester as he ran for his life

Despite transforming into the fastest creature he could think off, the momentum of the sand worm towards them is much faster, as the monster itself is slowly inching closer towards them. Due to that Asmaveth is currently panicking, causing Ester to have a hard time.

"Oh god its catching up!!! it's no use, let me be"

"Will you please shut it for 1 second?"

While they were running for their life, they have thought many things on what to do in this situation. The first is simply running away from the monster, unfortunately the only problem for the first solution is their stamina. The second solution is for them to hide on the city of anvil, however the only downside to this is the possibility for the worm to attack the city and Asmaveth's trait that anyone who is involved with him will die, due to its aura leaking out from his body.

With it, they have no choice but to keep running in hopes it will leave them alone. No matter what they needed to run to survive.

*********