Chapter 161: The Storm In The Desert

[Western Continent, Vast Desert]

Moving on what seems like 12 tons of huge Scorpioche, Asmaveth then sat in a crossed leg position on top of such monster while covering himself with the shadow shade from the Scorpioche's tail. Behind him a trail of about 4 more Scorpioches were following him in a plane formation, as such monster were originally killed by his undead Scorpioche and was later turned into undead itself, which is under his command.

With such force beside him, any smaller monsters could be seen avoiding the group as none of them dared to go against such dangerous monsters such as the Scorpioches. After all based on the parameters of this environments food chain, the Scorpioches are somewhere around near the top of the food chain due to how dangerous and big they are. What's more with the special skill of the Scorpioches which is the "desert walk", such monsters could ignore the effect of terrain in their surroundings and enable the Scorpioches themselves to walk normally even in soft ground.

However despite that, there are still some monsters who are brave enough to challenge the might of the Scorpioches and attack them while initially laying in ambush. However despite such an attack, the Scorpioches still managed to win as they took down the monster and forced it to retreat from their presence. Practically at this very moment, Asmaveth is residing the one of the best safe place in this harsh environment.

"Hahaha this is really fun, i couldnt imagine in my whole life that i would be able to spend time with monsters such as your caliber... Im really enjoying our time together"

"You know what maybe having this power isnt so bad after all..."

"I never really got your name, hey scorpy! Do you have a name? If you dont have one, i could give you one.... You dont? Alright let ne think of something"

"How about Anthony? Too fancy? Alright.... Hmmm, how about sherbet? Too gaudy?.... How about edgar? Edgy?.... Maybe Paul? Too generic?.... How about lets just stay with scorpy? What do you say?"

As Asmaveth was talking to the monster to relieve his sanity, he then smiled afterwards as he thought that the monster had agreed through the minimal actions it did on its arms and eyes. With that the Scorpioche name was now established as Scorpy, due to Asmaveth's intervention.

As Asmaveth was spending his time on the back of the Scorpioche, he then went silent as he tried to remember where he came from and what he did which puts him to this situation.

Asmaveth was originally a child from the country side near the borders of their kingdom. As a child her grew up as honest and kind child in which everyone in the village adorns, however despite being loved by the village people, his affinity and compatibility to death energy completely outshines every single person in the village.

Of course this country itself also has its own culture, its culture is somewhat near the culture similar to early israelites in the book of romans. They have their own culture, belief, religion, and even own kings and queens who goes by the title of sultan.

Their religion is somewhat similar to the church during the time of Jesus the nazareth. Not too much kind, not too much corrupt, an equal balance in which desire and pride run the place aside from greed. And based on their religions beliefs, people with death magic as categorized as cursed children born from the union of human and demons. Of course this is just hearsay without further proof, after all both of Asmaveth's parents were humans and none of them were demon, so it was impossible for him to be a child of one.

However despite on what he belief, the perspective of others people says otherwise. So the moment their own religious leaders heard his circumstances, a massive operation was then ensued under the name of crusade. With such name, the army of the religion charged towards his village in order to apprehend him, of course the village chief refused such order since Asmaveth was an innocent child. However due to the village chief's answer, he was then beheaded on the spot as the crusaders proclaimed that the village in under the influence of the devil's child, so in that turn the crusaders recieved orders to kill everyone in the village under the name of the country's major righteousness and proper justice. With that a massive massacre ensued which ended in everyone he knew death's