Chapter 107: The Demon Behind The Tribal War

[Northern Continent, Mountain Pass]

After the initial battle had concluded for the day, the attacks that is happening on all three sides simultaneously had finally come to an end. Naturally after the battle with each side's respective opponents, a battle report had been collected in the field and was relayed to all three areas of the war.

Upon receiving the report handed to him, Boris and the other chiefs on their side couldn't believe the amount of casualty their side had lost during the initial encounter. Apparently after the battle, each representative of both western battle front and the eastern battlefront had sent their report to him and even informed to him the people who died Amidst the battle.

Based on the report, Aside from him, both the former representative of both sides had died in battle and were now currently replaced by another responsible chiefs on their side. From the western battlefront, Einar the chieftain of the 39th tribe had currently replaced the now deceased chief of the 50th tribe. As for the eastern battlefront, the 22nd chief had taken over the command after the death of Junaid of the 21st tribe chief.

Even thought both sides had successfully driven back the enemy, the number of death was too shocking to the point that a commotion broke out inside their tent.

The siege of the stone fortress in the west, the stall battle in the beast grave canyon on the east, and the battle in the  mountain pass in the north, each of this attacks seemed to held a deeper meaning than he initially thought. Even thought he has no proof, Boris felt like something was amiss, and based on what Payton had told him before the battle, someone is indeed behind the tribal war.

With such a mystery behind this war, Boris couldn't  help but feel goosebumps in the darkness he never knew existed. However he couldn't show any hesitation as of this moment in front of his men. He is the pillar of all the warriors in different places, since that is the case, he needed to stay firm and confident in order to not arouse weakness within his ranks.

Without showing any weakness in his form, he then begun writing a letter containing his will and order for the both battlefronts to enact in such situation. At the same time, he then begun writing an apology letter for all that are bereaved for having their men be killed in the battlefield.

The same can be said towards the other two areas, as they begun returning the dead back to their family. As for the warriors that left nothing not even their body, all sides then begun offering a memento in memories of them towards the said family. During that time numerous cries and wails erupted in various homes as the dead returned to their family.

With all that said, the three sides begun preparing for the next battle, as the battle for survival wasn't over just yet.

*********
[West Side]

Unknown to the people situated in the stone fortress, a small army had took the chance that chaos had ensued in the stone fortress to sneak into the southern tribe territory and bypassing the eyes of the guarding warriors. Apparently the small army are made up of the western tribe warriors who were sent to sneakily circle around the stone fortress undetected.

The reason why such a small army was sent to circle around the stone fortress lays on some few reasons that the various chiefs of the western tribe army held. The first reason is that such small army is tasked in overtaking the less defended territory of the southern tribes causing commotion and conflict to arise within their territory. the second reason is to abduct the family of each chieftain which would taken ahold of the reins of the various leaders of the southern army. Lastly is to cause internal dispute among the people and cause destruction from withi9n, just like a trojan tactic.

The only way such task can be completed is by having such a small army successfully infiltrate the southern tribe lands, and in order for the small army to leak in, the western army should attack the stone fortress as hard they can to the point that all the warriors in the fortress would be busy dealing with the attacking force.