Chapter 166: In The Face Of Death III

[City of Anvil]

While the unkept man stood by them in the balcony, hero Sato on the other hand stayed wary of him, as his movements itself alerted hero Sato. While Ban never actually cared if a person is trustworthy or not  due to her kind nature and being a saintess, hero Sato on the other hand was treated strictly since expectations for him from other people were suffocating to the point that it even haunts him even while his resting.

Due to that, he became wary of other people, to the point that even strangers makes him be wary of.  But that was not the sole reason why hero Sato was on guard against the unkept man. The main reason why hero Sato is so vigilant against him, is all because of how the person introduced himself.

All creatures produces a type of tremor unique to their own race, which can be caught on shockwave radar imprint, of course humans are not excluded. Basically all humans or any creature can be detected  by any means whether the heat of their body, tremors of their walking, breathing, and even their emotions can be detected. So the fact that the unkempt man manage to bypass his super sensitive senses, he then couldn't help but be wary of him, since he didn't detect him at all.

But before he could even pull away Ban due to him being uncomfortable around the man, the person himself then spoke up in order to clear things up and ease the situation.

"Oh you don't have to leave, I'll just be drinking this rather than staying and  bothering you guys... you know what? You guys can even ignore me"

"Ignore you? Why we would do that mister?" Asked by Ban

"Why can't you? You guys can easily do that"

"But we can't just ignore you, plus your not bothersome at all" said by Ban

Hearing Ban's words, the unkept man was speechless for a second, as he chugs his bottle of beer, before looking straight at Ban.

"Your a one weird lady, what's your name?"

"Ban! Ban, Himari"

"Ban, Himari? So your last name is Himari?"

"No! Himari is my first name and my last name is Ban, we introduce ourselves with our last name first"

"Huh? I see, now I'm more convinced that your foreigners of this city, after all your the only people I met that introduce themselves with their last name"

"I see... by the way I'm a saintess"

"Saintess? What's a saintess?"

"A "saintess" is a female saint, someone who is recognized within certain religious traditions for their exceptional holiness, virtue, or piety"

"Huh! Still don't understand what a Saintess is"

"Ehhh? Basically I'm a Woman of faith"

"Hmm... sorry I still don't understand what a saintess means"

"Ehhhh"

"Anyway my name is Zaheer, it was nice talking to you Ban"

*********
Zaheer (M)

50 years

Wandering Mercenary who had lost everything

*********

"The pleasure's mine... but can I ask what your profession is?"

"Me? Well I'm a mercenary"

A mercenary is an individual who is primarily motivated by financial gain and offers their services as a soldier or fighter to a foreign country, organization, or individual, often in exchange for payment. Unlike regular soldiers who serve a nation or cause out of duty, loyalty, or ideology, mercenaries typically operate independently or as part of a private military company. They may be hired to engage in various military activities such as combat operations, security, training, or advisory roles