Chapter 139: The Heart of Eternal Frost VI

[City of Avalon]

Getting crushed in between two objects, Asagi silently screamed in pain, as she felt her whole body going number from that one attack alone. In fact this is the first time she got hurt in this world to such a degree. Taking note, that the ones who had fought so far all this time in all the dangerous operation is her clone and not her real body. Throughout her experience in this world, she had never been injured seriously unlike this very moment, she was always being protected by people who care for her.

If danger were to arose, her archangels would be the first one to step in to protect her from harm. In this very moment, at the time that the majority of her archangels are down, Asagi was then left alone to fight against the Cryophoenix all on her own.

Now that she felt such pain coursing all throughout her body, she then begun to wonder if this is what everyone felt if they fought head -on against an enemy.

She had witnessed numerous battles and life endangerment through the eyes of her clone and her experience as a gamer back in her original world, but never once she did experience all on her own just how painful a battle could be. What she is using now is her real body not her clone, so the pain that she can feel is so existent unlike the non-existent pain she felt when her clone got attacked.

Gritting her teeth to endure the pain, she then saw the Cryophoenix raising its beak into the air, as it tried to bit off her head by plunging down its beak towards her. In order to defend herself, Asagi then used Gae Bulg to fend off the beak coming her way, as she tried her hardest to parry the attack. Since Gae Bulg is manifested to this world with the system as the mediator, its durability alone  is incomparable to anything else recorded in history. With that Asagi had no problem having her weapon destroyed just from clashing against a powerful enemy, the only problem she had is how to escape this situation and get back the advantage to their side.

After Parrying off the beak for the 10th time, Asagi then Quickly casted a spell on her palm as bright light suddenly shone throughout the area and temporarily blind anyone who had looked directly towards the light spell in her palm.

"Illuminate!!!"

Acting as a type similar to as flashbang, the Cryophoenix screech in pain as it flew away from her by a few meters, and tired to mitigate the effect of blindness by its own magic. But during that interval wherein the Cryophoenix was blinded, Asagi who had closed her eyes at the right time, then opened her eyes once more ,as she threw the divine chains towards the Cryophoenix in an attempt to pull it down to the ground.

Throwing Gleipnir towards the Cryophoenix, the chains itself then suddenly seemed to come top life on its own, as it quickly elongated the chains itself all on its own and begun  coiling around the huge monster like an enchanted weapon with a mind of its own. As soon as the chains were all over the Cryophoenix, Asagi then pulled unto the chains, as the divine chains itself begun tightening up its coil and forcefully dragging the huge monster towards Asagi.

With the Cryophoenix in its grasp, Asagi then forcefully dragged her heavy body to fly down to the ground and start pulling unto the chains, in an attempt to ground the Cryophoenix. Naturally this was met with quite a resistance as the Cryophoenix tried to fight back despite being blinded by shooting its own freezing magic all over the place. In order to defend to such an attack, Asagi quickly erected out a barrier around herself, while trying to pull down the Cryophoenix with only her own brute strength.

However due to her body's constitution, Asagi had literally little to no muscles meant for strengthen at all. Her body was soft and supple as a cloud, a type of body and skin that all females would envy, she was like the perfect example of true beauty without make up, plus she had quite a plump body. Her body was not made for strength, but rather for beauty and majesty, with that her effort to pull down the Cryophoenix was little to non-existent.