Chapter 137: The Heart of Eternal Frost IV

[City of Avalon]

Upon Seeing the large number of enemy right in front of it, the Cryophoenix then cried out in sharp shriek which vibrates the air, as mana begun gathering towards it, which enable such a huge monster to actually cast hundreds of magic circle into the air. Seeing such overwhelming number of magic circles, Michael and the rest of the angels knew that something wasn't right, as they all begun to prepare their move.

After charging up all of the casted magic circles in the air, a laser like streak came out of it, as hundreds of such laser zoomed across the sky and begun targeting the angels themselves. With that Michael quickly reacted upon such an attack, as he gave the order for everyone to evade the monster attack's.

"Evasive maneuvers! Go!"

Following Michael's order, all the angels spread out all over the place, as they tried to avoid getting hit by the attack by flying across the sky and making a sharp turn. But the moment the angels made their maneuvers, the streak of light that the Cryophoenix had casted, then suddenly swirled alongside the angels as each and every attack was installed by auto targeting magic.

Due to that, some of the angels were caught off guard, as four angels got hit by the streak of light, and immediately had their whole body frozen over, before falling to such height and crashing into pieces upon reaching the ground.

Upon seeing this phenomenon, all the angels had a slight graveness in their expression as they realized the danger behind such an attack, causing more of them to fully focus on dodging such streak of light.

While the angels tried their best to evade such an attack, the archangels on the other hand dealt with the attack in a different manner. Uriel used his rune law of knowledge to forcefully detonate the streak of light targeting him with the use of his overpowering words. Gabriel dealt with his own streak of lights, by bending the space around his moon blades in order to prevent freezing his weapon over, as he threw his blades towards the streak of light before teleporting to a safe distance and retrieving his weapon like a boomerang.

Sandalphon on the other hand used her rune law of power and the elemental trait that she had to cover her whole body with purple lightning and gave her a speed which could speed blitz pass the streak of light in a blink of an eye. After passing through them, she would then cut apart the streak of light using her purple lightning and cause a huge collision of power to occur in the air

Lastly Michael simply gathered a huge number of streak to target him instead of the angels, as he covered his sword with hot flames and imbuing his own rune law of destruction to further enhance his fire power. After doing all of that, he then turned around to face a huge number of streaks targeting him, as he slashed his sword and conjure a solar flake like an attack which dried up the air and clashed against the attack, causing a series of explosions.

However as much as that counter was successful, due to the fact that both attack and counter has different opposite element of fire and ice, such a collision after the explosion caused a huge smoke to cover the air, which lowered the visibility for everyone who was inside of it. Using this cover per chance, Michael sense a huge movement in the air as multiple scream rung all over the smoke, which caused him to tense up and readied himself for any surprise attack.

But just as he was about to enlarge his guard, the head of the Cryophoenix suddenly appeared on his left as it mouth was wide open in an attempt to bit him down into half. Naturally this caused Michael to be shocked and surprised as he tried his best to raise his sword and defend from the attack on time.

But just as the Cryophoenix was about to bite down on him, a streak of purple lightning struck from above, and squarely hitting the Cryophoenix head, before being followed by an attack coming from Sandalphon towards its head. Using the huge sword on her hand, Sandalphon smashed down her sword towards the Cryophoenix head, as she even tried to stab through its thick skull in an attempt to skewer the monster's brain out.