Chapter 96: Battle at the Stone Fortress (West) IV

[Stone Fortress, West side of the southern territory]

~Front Open Area~

Located at another part of the stone fortress, the front area just beneath the walls of the stone fortress about east area from where Tetra and Einar had retreated, the chief tribe leader of the 48th tribe and 47th tribe are currently in a predicament as they tried their best to actually fend off the enemy invading the fortress.

Since the attack was quite unprecedented, both the said leader were quite late to react in order to protect the fortress walls, due to that the walls itself is nearly besieged by the enemy forces, which caused quite a problem for the troops on the ground. With the majority of the walls already conquered by the enemy forces, the height advantage was then taken in consideration by the enemy as their rock throwers and archers snipe the defending army from above.

With danger coming from above and on the ground, the defending army then had n o choice but to slowly retreat indoors in order to avoid getting sniped by the enemies on the walls. As if to reflect on such situation, the 47th tribe leader then shouted back to his own troops and the other troops in the area.

47th Tribe Chief: "Fall back indoors! Fall back! Shielders protect our rear! we need to get indoors before their ranged unit successfully snipe us down one by one"

Even thought that was ordered out loud, actually doing it is easier said than done. despite the warning being given out to everyone equally, there were still some allies being shot down by the enemies archer as they fall to the ground dead on their tracks. Even the warriors who wield shield are being broken down as the enemies begun activating their aura which gave a massive boost to their physique like a berserk skill. No matter what many were still sacrificed for that tactical retreat.

Once they managed to get inside, the 48th tribe chief then slowly approached the 47 tribe chief as he haggardly ask for their next move.

48th Tribe Chief: "What we should do now? do we have to stay cooped up in this area? they'll slowly overwhelm us with their numbers"

47th Tribe Chief: "I'm thinking! but as long as we cant deal with the enemies on the walls, it will be hard for us to actually eliminate the enemies outside"

48th Tribe Chief: " Then what about our own range units?"

47th Tribe Chief: "They are either dead or being held up by the enemy forces... that's the only conclusion i can come up with"

As the two leaders were talking to each other, they also took care of their approaching enemies while hacking them down right in front of them. In order to contend with the enemies berserked state, their own warriors had no choice but to also use their own berserk state while their leaders begun using their unique aura signature consisting of each preferential element to fend them off.

Due to that the enemies were held at the entrance of the fortress building, unable to even get in due to the concentrated force of the defending army. Soon after the bodies then slowly piled up at the entrance as the attacking army fervently tried to get in and kill all the fortress executive within.

In that moment, one of the towers of the fortress on the west wing area then suddenly exploded as Duncan the leader of the 36th tribe jumped out from the exploded hole and run across the roof of the fortress, as he fervently charged jump towards the walls of the stone fortress besieged by the enemies ranged units.

After crushing an enemies below his feat on his landing, he then rushed towards the stunned enemies on the walls as he held his mace and smashed the face of the enemies near him through brute force. Due to his immense strength one swing was enough for him to literally kill off the enemy he encounter along the wall.