Chapter 135: The Heart of Eternal Frost II

[City of Avalon]

As the violent quake shook the earth, the mana circulating n the air, suddenly changed, which caused all the people who are sensitive to mana to be shocked and alarmed by this sudden change. In this note, Asagi, the archangels, the alchemist , the mages, and even Albion noticed this sudden change as they also felt the violent quake which disturbs the peace of the city

This was the first time  that everyone had felt such a violent quake. The magnitude alone was comparable to the magnitude of the quake of Ecuador - Columbia earthquake in 1906, which had the magnitude of 8.8, making it one of the most powerful earthquakes ever recorded back on earth.

However due to the layer of protection from and layered defenses of the city and its surrounding vicinities, the damage sustained from such quake only amounts to avalanches and destructions in the mountaintops. Other than that, everything was maintained the way they are through magic.

Even though there was minimal destruction, one cant just ignore what caused such violent quake. Because of that Albion quickly traced back the source of the quake with his own mana as he senses a formidable presences on the west side of the city coming from one of the mountain bordering the land of Avalon.

Based on what he remembers, a certain creature lays dormant within those mountains in the west. Since the source of the quake came from the west itself, then there is only one meaning behind such violent quake. The monsters sleeping within the earth in the west, must have been woken up by something and was now about to be fully bloom in this cold ice ridden land.

Upon coming to that realization, Albion couldn't help but be worried, as he felt an ominous feeling brewing within his heart, just by coming to such conclusion. After all the awakening of such monster was not a good thing at all. There was a reason why monster's were put to sleep, and that is because in their wake, destruction follows. Now that the monster's had woken up, it would be only a matter of time before destruction ensue and endanger his own city that he had fruitfully built throughout his long years.

Without giving any thought and informing the various stand-up leaders of the city, Albion begun casting his magic in quick haste as he directly covered the whole city with a defensive barrier which caused everyone who recognized his mana and sense mana to feel the dread in the situation. After all the creator of the city himself had made its move, meaning there was something wrong in this situation and something dangerous was approaching the city

Throughout their time of living in the city for the majority of their lives, all the citizens knew the graveness of the situation, which caused various tower master to act hastily and command every single people in the city to take refuge within the city walls and close the gates.

The tower master Coral, Shein, Hanson, and Brunch led everyone to evacuate within the city walls and order for the closing of the gate. The tower master Cerelyn, Kazzess, Solvient, and Geneva, begun their work of putti9ng up defensive machines and magic around the city for any possible threats, alongside it they also begun sending out familiars outside the city, while also remotely activating the defensive mechanism outside the city itself. Lastly the tower master Shale, Spriggan, Cerebrus, and Belfast, quickly prepared their own mages for combat while also inquiring information from Albion.

As everyone got busy in trying to prepare for in predicted danger, Asagi on the other hand together with Michael, Ariel, and Amos, Leon who just returned from the Azure kingdom, were confused by the situation as they looked everywhere and saw everyone being frantic about the situation after the violent quake.

 "What's happening?" asked by Asagi

"I don't know" answered by Michael

"Find out what's happening quick!" ordered by Amos