Chapter 111: Contact

[Azure Kingdom, White Castle]

Going back to what was happening in the kingdom in the sky, Asagi was currently observing the state of her kingdom as she notice many problems in relation towards the farming firm and the fishing firm. Due to the heavy cold weather that her kingdom was currently feeling, the whole lake which the fishing firm's progress was reliant with, had become a complete frozen body of water as far as the eye can see.

Because of that the people who are in charge of fishing  then temporarily stopped their work and relied to any exports that the other kingdoms had provided.

If one were to ask why they  haven't simply break the ice to fish, all she could say that such effort would be meaningless. After all based on her system's object analysis example, the ice itself was as thick at about 20 inches. With that it would need about a modern drill of earth or a destructive spell with great force to actually break the ice.

However the ice itself wasn't simple as one might think it is. Since the Kingdom was nearing the center of the northern continent, the concentration of frost would naturally be higher than the areas near the sea. If one would put it to practice, any water that comes in contact with snow or cold wind would only need about 2 seconds to freeze over completely. Of course this only applies to all water objects and not the humans themselves. It is as if the frost and snow itself was made by magic.

As for the drinkable water  that everyone use, they were completely protected by the magic heat insulation applied to each home inside her kingdom's walls. Also taken note that even her own pool got frozen till kingdom comes.

Since destroying the ice is pointless due to how fast it freezes over, the jobs in the fishing firm was then halted  causing many people to temporarily lose their jobs. Since the fishing firm was temporarily close, the supply of fish in the market naturally dropped causing its price to rise at all time high.

So in order to replace their missing goods, they have no choice but to export meat as substitute from their allied countries in exchange from their raw products and materials.

As for the farming firm, their problem of having their produce frozen solid were quickly resolved through the use of greenhouse which has insulation appropriate for plants applied inside. Taking a long walk to the north outer wall of the kingdom, one could see a huge greenhouse plantation in a size similar to a supermall back on earth.

Since the greenhouse isn't part of the function provided by the system, such structure was naturally made by the locals under the guidance of Asagi during its creation process. Naturally due to magic and what not, the greenhouse was finished after days of non-stop work and creating such a huge master piece.

Of course there isn't only one greenhouse in this place, there were also under construction green house on the other areas beside the initial product. To be exact there are about 4 greenhouse that is currently under construction for the whole kingdom. Totaling to about 5 supermall level greenhouse in plan.

The first greenhouse naturally housed the wide plantation of rice in all the floor such as the ground floor up to the fourth floor. Just by this structure alone, Asagi couldn't even figure out how such structure was made. Normal common sense doesn't apply to this world, so the only thing that could make such structure possible was through the use of magic.

As for the other greenhouse, their produce would naturally be decided once they are finished on it construction.

Speaking of which, not only is the farming firm and fishing firm that had quite a trouble this time around. The pharmaceutical firm was also having its own problem due to the rising number of patients in the area. Even thought the pharmaceutics firm building was quite big, it was still overcrowded by patients that have a problem of their own.