𝐄𝟒

୨⎯First years' graduation !!⎯୧

୨⎯Nearly three years after the first chapter !!⎯୧

୨⎯(I have no idea how a Japanese graduation ceremony goes, no website were helpful, so I'm basing it on how I think it'll go, many apologies and I don't even know if the times correct)⎯୧

My alarm rang, and the truth dawned upon me. I accidentally pulled another all-nighter and I'm graduating from Nekoma in a few hours. Even though everything has been set in place, like where I'm living, or where I'm going to further my education, I still feel like I have no idea what I'm going to do next.

Ever since the third years, and then the second years left, a piece of my soul left with them, yet a piece of theirs' stayed with me in exchange.

Except Mori and Kenma, they left stuff that was personal to them. Kenma left his hoodies, and one or two of his videogames. We still face-timed anytime we could, and played Minecraft together, so being without him was somewhat bearable.

Even though the house was in Mori's name, and soon to be in mine, he still kept everything in his room. He lives far away, because he wanted a 'fresh new start' and doesn't want the possibility of anyone recognizing him. I'm assuming that fresh new start didn't include anything he kept in his room. He packed his entire life into a few suitcases, and he took our favourite picture album of us when we were younger and left.

Flashback:

''Say cheese,'' our mother said. Her tone was encouraging, but she sounded tired, and I guess Mori could hear it too, so he was being more calm than usual.

''We don't want to take pictures mama, we're tired and hungry,'' I whined. I looked to the counter top to see my bowl of cereal getting soggier by the second.

''It's the first day of school, we need the memories, just think that when you're older, this'll go into a photo album for you and every single one of your friends to enjoy,'' She replied.

I guess it was true, except Mori took it. He still showed the pictures to me every night before we ended the call. Up until he left, I never though that I'd take a photo album for granted, it was however, nice to take a trip down memory lane every once in a while.

It was incredibly hard to let my brother go, since he's been there for me since I could remember, along with Mika, but I had to, because at the end of the day, I was just holding them back from reaching their full potential.

Everyday we'd facetime after we finished school, we both studied, and if I had a question, I asked him. Luckily, he'd know it all since it was still the same curriculum.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door, which shook me to my core. I mentally prepared myself, and grabbed the closest thing to me; but a few seconds later, I got a text from Kenma.

sweetie !!

open up, it's freezing outside

5:32 am

I looked out of the window and saw him. I wasn't half asleep anymore, and I put my makeup brush down. After I made myself look a bit presentable, I rushed down the stairs before I unlocked the door and pulled him into a hug.

''I missed you so much, you have no idea,'' he mumbled.

''I missed you more Kenma, you're the one that has no idea,''  I replied, burying my head into the crook of his neck.