𝟏𝟐

𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐩:

I snickered at my younger self before I went to tell Mori about that memory, and we both burst out laughing, no one understanding except us understanding why.

Soon after, the Karasuno volleyball club came, and two managers were with them as well. We made small talk before setting up the scoreboard.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Inuoka commented on a short ginger kid's height and he got offended so I turned to their managers.

''Hey, no offense but is that really a high schooler??'' I questioned. The older manager nodded her head and chuckled, ''I know it seems like he's a kid in elementary, but I promise you he isn't. He's just super short.''

I immediately apologized if I accidentally offended them. We just laughed it off, and it turns out that they're really fun to be around. They were the type of friends I needed here at Nekoma, not a group of teenage guys. I did find out that they're called Yachi and Kiyoko, and if I wasn't confused about my feelings, I'd worship the ground that they walked on.

The set first began with Kenma, which was barely received by some scary-looking guy. A guy with raven haired boy sets it to the same ginger from earlier, and they score the first point.

Everyone on my team were shocked, Mori had a look of excitement on his face, his jaw dropped, but he looked at them in awe while everyone else was just, disappointed. Kenma sets to Yamamoto, he hit it over the net, but an even shorter kid received it.

I opened my mouth to say something but Yachi beat me to it, ''That's Nishinoya, he's actually a second year.''

I was in awe, he was great at receiving. ''I think my brother, Nekoma's libero, brought him up once, he says that Yuu is great at receiving.'' I looked back over to see what was happening, Mori couldn't receive their spike.

''I didn't realise they were on a first name basis.'' A tall blonde replaces him, every time they would see my eyes on a different player the girls would explain who they were, for instance the tall blonde was Tsukishima, and the short ginger was Hinata.

''Hinata is really energetic too, it's scary sometimes, especially in the mornings.'' As soon as Yachi said that, he missed his serve, I didn't laugh, but it was funny. A guy with a buzzcut spikes the ball past Yamamoto, and the two with the super-quick attack had done it a few more times, the score was now 12-9, Karasuno's favour.

Our coach calls for a timeout, I jog over to my team, and Kenma was explaining that Hinata is the team's main attack as of now, and if they can stop him, they still have a chance to win.

He managed to come up with a strategy to cover one area of the court, which would cause him to go to an area with no blockers.

Some people on my team struggled to keep up with that quick attack, but soon enough they get up to speed. ''I remember when I was young Mori would always talk about the Dumpster Battle but now I think he'll kill me if I bring it up.'' We laughed, but just then, Kenma does a setter dump. The boys continues this strategy and we eventually catch up, and then soon earns set point.

I could see the freak duo discussing something, and so when Hinata goes to spike, Inuoka shuts it down, winning the first set for Nekoma.

He continues to stop the attack, and is constantly blocking Hinata. Coach Nekomata says that the more he hits, the more he fails and for some reason, he starts smiling. He's shouting, I mean it isn't a surprise, but why would you be excited when someone's running after you to try and stop you?