Or so I thought. A couple of hours turned into 5. I sat impatiently on the table. Trying to figure out what I'm going to say to Toph. I fidgeted with my necklace she gave me as her proposal.

It was a Water tribe tradition but she liked it more than a ring or anything else. Katara helped her with it.

Just thinking about the effort she put in with it makes me sad that she's suddenly flipped on me.

I wonder if I've done something to make her so distant from me. I also think maybe she's gotten cold feet and doesn't want to marry me anymore. She's too scared to say it.

My heart starts to race from the thought and that's when the door opens to Toph with a huge proud grin on her face. I attempt to wipe my tears and make sure she can't tell that I'm upset.

"Welcome home, love." I force a smile. "Hey." She smiles, she takes her top layers off, laying them on the back of our couch. "I made dinner." I sadly say, hoping she didn't pick up the tone in my voice.

Actually secretly I was hoping she would.

"Oh, you didn't have to do that. We have cooks for a reason." She laughs, my body falters. She knows I love to cook, why would she say that? "Right." I whisper.

I shake my head, storming out of the room. Going outside in the back garden to take a breather.

It might've been childish of me to do that but I can't do this anymore. I'm so lonely in my own household. Toph and I agreed that for the first year since we bought our home that I would do decorations and things like that.

She would be working to earn extra money. We even agreed that we would go on date nights once every week. You know how many we've done and it's been four months?

Three. Three out of sixteen.

At first the excuses were understandable, and then they kept piling and piling up until there was just nothing. No excuses, I just knew she wasn't going to be there. I gave up. Even when I prayed to the spirits that she would one day make the date happen. I knew that wasn't going to happen.

I stare up at the sky. The moon was bright tonight and it made me think of Yue. She was so beautiful tonight. Thinking of her also made me realize how insignificant my problem was. Maybe I am being over dramatic. It still hurts nonetheless though.

I hear footsteps behind me and I take a deep breath. Turning around to see Toph standing there. "What's wrong?" She asks a little aggressively.

I knew Toph wasn't good with emotions. She never really has been. But she tries and when she does I'm so proud of her.

"Nothing, I'm- I'm sorry for my outburst." I look back up to the moon. Sitting down on the ground. Feeling the dirt around me.

Reminding me of the times we slept on the ground in sleeping bags. I kind of miss that time when we were all together.

None of us had to be separated; we all fought together. Now that it's over, I'm grateful there's not a huge threat to anyone anymore but I miss my family.

"[Name], I know you better than that." She sighs out, plopping down beside me. Her words make my eyes tear up. "I'm fine." I try to say but my voice cracks and tears fall down my cheek. I feel pathetic for the feeling the way I do.

"Hey, talk to me." She puts her hand on my knee. I stare at her worried expression.

"Do you still want to marry me?" I quietly ask. She looks taken aback by my question. "Do I still want to marry you?" She tilts her head to the side as if the words that came out my mouth weren't in the language she speaks.

"[Name] I'm the one who proposed to you. Do you not remember that? I wouldn't have proposed if I didn't want to marry you." She quizzes me and I chuckle dryly.

"It feels like you don't want to be with me anymore, Toph." I tell her honestly.

"You barely pay attention to me anymore. It's like I barely exist outside of your work." I spilled out.

"I want those date nights you promised me or at least a few kisses during the day. The weird compliments you used to give me. When you actually enjoyed it when I cooked for you." I rant, letting a few tears slip down my face. "I miss you and you live in the same house as me." I close my eyes, trying not to cry even more.

"It might be pathetic or stupid and I'm sorry. I understand if I'm too much and you don't want to marry me anymore." I shakily breathe out.

"How stupid are you?" Her eyebrows furrow. "I'm the pathetic one for not seeing how much I've been neglecting you." She angrily tells me.

"I want to marry you. I'm sorry for not realizing how dumb I've been. And missing our date nights I promised." She frowns, I feel her hand move slightly up to my mid thigh. "I was so caught up in all my work. Which should've never been my top priority. You've always been the first in my mind and that never should've changed." She gets closer to my face and I smile, knowing that means she wants to kiss me.

I grab the hand that's on my thigh, squeezing it as I kiss her lips.

"Thank you for apologizing, but please don't let it happen again." I say after I pull away. This time she squeezes my hand. "If it does, I give you permission to slap me." She kisses my jaw.

"Wanna go eat the dinner I made?" I ask.

"Mmm, after a few more minutes out here with you." She hums, doing small little kisses at my cheek.

"I want to make up for lost time." She tells me, pulling me into her arms and I let out a little squeal.