The Mage

The next morning, Rose woke up with the sunlight gently streaming into their room. The events of the previous day flooded back, and she couldn't shake the lingering questions about her magical abilities.

As she and Nick prepared for the day, Rose couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency to understand the mysteries surrounding her Core. She decided it was time to confide in Nick about the intricacies of Gaia's magic.

"Nick, I will tell you the concept of the Core now," Rose began, her expression serious.

Nick sat down next to her on the couch in the living area, concern etching his features. "Okay, I am listening. Just what is going on, Rose? You look troubled."

Taking a deep breath, she explained the concept of the Core, the orb of magic connected to one's soul, and how it determines a person's magical affinity. She elaborated on the different types of magic and their corresponding colors. As she reached the part about her own Core showing a mix of colors, Nick listened attentively, absorbing the information.

"So, my concern is that my Core is supposed to be completely navy blue for water magic, but instead, it's this swirl of different shades of blue and white," Rose concluded, a furrow forming on her forehead.

Nick processed the information, a thoughtful expression on his face. "That's strange. Do you think it has something to do with the unexpected surge of power during the demonstration?"

Rose nodded. "I believe so. But I can't understand why my Core are these mixed of colors. It's not something I've ever heard of in Gaia." She then look thoughtful.

In Gaia, a person is only able to utilize one element, so their Core is always one color.

But why is it that my Core looks different?

Is it possible that...

Nick gently grab her hands, snapping her back to reality. "We'll figure it out together, Rose. I don't want to say this, but I think...maybe King Alan knows more about it. Despite the strange vibes we get from him, he may likely have some knowledge about this."

Rose does not feel comfortable speaking to the sus king regarding her Core.

"No Nick, I think that is a bad idea! My instincts tells me that I shouldn't give away this info to that weirdo! The man that ordered my death in my last life can never be trusted with something like this! It feels personal!"

"Then who else can you speak to regarding your Core?"

Rose pondered for a moment, her brow furrowed in thought. Then, a realization dawned on her.

"There's someone else who might have answers," Rose suggested. "A mage. Someone that is well-versed in the intricacies of magic. They might be able to shed some light on the peculiarities of my magic."

Nick considered her suggestion, nodding slowly. "That does make sense. Do you have a specific mage in mind, or should we seek guidance from someone in Gaia?"

Rose tapped her chin, contemplating. "I don't have anyone specific in mind, but in the past, I've heard rumors about a high ranking mage who's known for unraveling magical mysteries. We could try seeking them out and see if they can provide any insight."

Nick agreed, "Sounds like a plan. We'll need to discreetly gather information about this mage and find a way to approach them without drawing too much attention. We don't want to alert King Alan or anyone else with dubious intentions."

Rose nodded in agreement. "Exactly. We need to be cautious and strategic. I want to understand more about my Core and its significance without exposing ourselves to unnecessary risks."

"So when should we start seeking the mage?" Nick inquires.

"How about today? I don't think we have any other plans."

Nick nodded in agreement. "Today it is. Let's start gathering information and see if we can find any leads on this mysterious mage."

After breakfast, the couple headed out to spent the day discreetly questioning locals in the nearby towns, blending into the crowds, and carefully listening to conversations in search of clues.

When evening came, they stumbled upon a few cryptic mentions of a mage named Varian Arcanis.

The most powerful mage in the Solaris Kingdom.

From what the couple heard, this mage live in a secluded tower on the outskirts of the kingdom.

Excitement and a touch of nervousness filled Rose as she shared the newfound information with Nick. "Varian seems to be the one we're looking for. He is rumored to have extensive knowledge about magical anomalies. If anyone can help us understand the mysteries of my Core, it's likely him."

Nick nodded, a determined glint in his eyes. "Let's not waste any more time. We'll head to the tower and seek him out. Hopefully, he can provide the answers we need."

As they approached the outskirts of the kingdom, the towering structure of Varian's tower became visible against the evening sky. The air carried a sense of ancient magic, and the surroundings felt charged with an otherworldly energy.

The door creaked open as they reached the entrance, revealing a dark cloaked figure with piercing yellow eyes on a shadowed face – the mysterious mage, Varian.

"I've been expecting you," said Varian, with a deep, enigmatic tone of voice.

"Rosemarie Dale and Nicolaus Laurent."

Note: I will do a smut scene after a chapter of two. It has been a while.