Past Part 3: Prince William *Edited 4/4/23*

The next morning, Rose had to get up early to prepare her meeting with Prince William.

After the maids cleaned and dolled her up, she was directed to the foyer.

Rose became nervous since it's her first time meeting a prince and talking to someone outside the Duke's estate.

It appears that Prince William came early. Rose saw a boy sitting by a round table drinking tea. On the table, there's a tea set and some pastries.

The boy looks to be around her age. He seems to have an aristocratic face for a boy but maybe because he is royalty. His hair is whitish blonde. She couldn't tell his eye color yet because he was looking down at the table.

As she came closer to him, the boy looked up, startling Rose. Now she can see his eyes.

His eyes are blue, the same as her own eyes.

"You must be Lady Rosalynn," he said in a smoothe voice, "it's a pleasure to meet you, please come sit."

"Thank you your highness," Rose did as he said and sat across from him.

"Care for some tea and pastries? The pastries are delicious. Your chef did a wonderful job making them."

"Thank you for the compliment your highness, I'll be sure to tell the chef," said Rose as she took a sip of her tea and nibbled on a croissant.

Rose was nervous before but now the feeling dissipated. The prince seems so nice so far. Right now they are enjoying a comfortable silence.

"So I believe you know why we are meeting today," continued Prince William.

"...yes your highness."

"There's no need to keep calling me your highness, call me William since you are going to be my fiancee."

"Yes.....William."

"But I want to know your thoughts on our engagement."

Should I tell him I didn't want to be engaged in the first place? Rose thought, unsure.

"I....ah...." Rose gulped.

If I don't follow through this engagement, father might kill me.

"I am happy to be engaged to you, Prince William," Rose answered, smiling brightly.

"Oh," was all Prince William said with a blank face.

"I think it will benefit both our families by going through this engagement."

"That is right, it will be a great benefit to both our families. Especially with the Duke's connections,"Prince William agreed.

"Connections?" Rose asked.

"The Duke's influence is beyond our reach," is all Prince William said. By "our" he means the royal family. Prince William suddenly stood up from his seat.

"I apologize that I couldn't stay longer, but I have to go back," the prince said with a regretful look, but his tone said otherwise.

"Um....there is no need to apologize your hi- I mean William. I understand that you have duties to attend to," said Rose, confused. She thought their conversation would be longer.

Prince William walked around the table to get closer to where Rose sat. He put his hand on her shoulder, making Rose stiffen a bit. He leaned towards her ear.

"I am also glad for this engagement Rose. I hope we will become good friends," he whispers to her.

Prince William then left the estate, leaving Rose alone. Her meeting with Prince Willian was awfully short but Rose didn't mind.

".....Friends?" Rose asked nobody around.

Why would he say "friends" when we will be married to each other someday?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Present:

Nick gave a look of disgust.

"What's wrong?" Rose asked.

"This Prince Willy sounded like he had ulterior motives," Nick stated.

"You are right about that," Rose agreed. It was a short but weird conversation.

"I think he only cares about whatever benefits that would entail with the engagement, that's why he said connections." Nick continued.

" Yeah, it became clear to me later on," said Rose regretfully. She hates that she was so naive back them. Now, Rose can see that William never wanted to be her fiance with the way he acted when they met.

"Also, what's with the 'I am also glad for this engagement Rose. Let's become good friends' thing?" Nick asked, "That sounds so weird."

"Uh huh," Rose agreed again. That sounds contradicting. Engagements are more than just friends.

"And lastly.....this is for you Rose."

Rose braced herself.

What did I do? She thought nervously.

"Having tea and croissant for breakfast? For shame Rose, for shame." Nick shakes his head in disappointment.

"This world doesn't have coffee Nick!" Rose exclaimed, her face red as a tomato.

"Well, it's just blasphemy to not have coffee with your croissant. I'm glad that our belove planet Earth have something over this world," Nick said jokingly.

Rose laughed uncontrollably.

"Haha! Nick! You gotta stop being funny! I wouldn't trade our planet Earth for Gaia because Earth has coffee. No, not just coffee," Rose stopped laughing and her expression became serious.

"Although Gaia has magic, Earth has everything I would ever need. Magic was never important to me. Family and love does."