The Demonstration Part 2 (Edited 2/8/24)

Note: Because most people chose B...

Rose focused her eyes on the lake, using her mind to try to dig into the depths of her memory to recall the sensation of summoning water. The atmosphere is tense as the onlookers watches her every move. The nobles, royal family, and Nick observed with anticipation.

As she extended her hands, a flicker of doubt crossed Rose's face. The anxiety she felt was palpable. Rose is increasingly becoming more uncertain that she still has any magic within her as the seconds tick by.

As if sensing his girlfriend's turmoil, Nick tries to offer support. "Come on, Rose, you've got this," He whispered softly.

Seconds turns to minutes, Rose remains standing by the edge of the lake.

Still, nothing happens.

There is no rippling of water, small waves, or droplets floating into the air. The lake remains a flat body of water.

The crowds of nobles and the royal family are increasingly becoming disappointed. The Duke Mayers and Tristan is also among them. The Duke, with arms crossed, showed an expressionless face. Tristan on the other hand showed a smug expression.

It seems that the former daughter of the Duke is nothing special. The prohecy must have made a mistake. Were the thoughts of the majority of the spectators.

Prince Toni watches Rose worriedly.

"Rose, I believe you can do it. Just concentrate on finding The Core within your mind like you were taught." He whispers.

As if hearing his words despite sitting with his parents a distance away from her, Rose closed her eyes and concentrated. She finally sees something in the darkness of her mind: The Core.

In the world of Gaia, people activate their magic by trying to visualize something called The Core. The Core is an orb of magic connected to one' soul and is hidden deep in one's consciousness. The person's type of magic they had depends on the colors of The Core. In Gaia, there are 10 known types of magic. The 4 basic types are: Water ( Navy Blue), Fire (Red), Earth (Brown), Air (Gray). The more rare and advanced types are Ice (Silver-Blue), Wood (Green), and Electricity (Yellow). Light (White), Dark (Purple), and Healing (Teal) are the rarest types. Water is considered the weakest because the wielders of it was never able to optimize it's potential. Water wielders were defeated by other magic wielders easily.

All persons of Gaia were born with magic in their soul. Usually they are only able to wield only one type of magic. It is extremely rare to wield more than one, but there are a very few cases where there are dual or triple users in the course of this world's history.

So Rose found her Core, but there is something that left her confused.

She expected her Core to be blue to indicate her water ability, but instead...

She sees a sort of variation of colors mixed together.

WTF?! HER CORE IS SUPPOSED TO BE COMPLETRLY NAVY BLUE! WHY IS IT THAT IT HAS SOME WEIRD MIX OF DIFFERENT SHADES OF BLUE AND...IS THAT WHITE TOO?!

"Huh?" Was all she said, enraptured by the sight of the various colors swirling in the orb.

Prince William grew impatient.

"Enough of this!" He suddenly shouted, snapping the nobles and his family from watching Rose longer.

The prince's aggravating voice instantly broke Rose's concentration.

"We should all stop expecting some sort of great spectacle from this magic-less nobody! We have been wasting our time watching her when it's obvious that she doesn't have her useless water magic anymore! No way is this kind of girl the chosen one of the prophecy!" Prince William yells towards the shocked crowd.