What He Wants To Talk

The couple followed after the second Prince of the Solaris Kingdom, Prince Antonious.

The second Prince lead the duo away from the crowd of market-goers to a more private area. He spotted a tall tree providing a good amount of shade. He went over to the tree and planted his back to its trunk, sliding down to sit on the grass. He let out a sigh and closed his eyes.

Nick and Rose stood near him, unsure about what the second Prince wanted to talk to them about.

For a moment, the second Prince didn't say anything.

"Are you alright Prince Antonious?" Rose asked in concern.

"Toni." He said.

"Huh?"

"Just call me Toni like before, I don't mind."

Rose was caught by surprise.

So this Prince wants her to nickname him...as if they were close friends...?

It would be thought that Rose and Prince Antonious were friends with the way they spoke to each other but the truth is...they barely interacted with each other in the past.

Before Rose's inevitable demise in her old life, she and the second Prince never had a true conversation with each other. They only greeted or say a few words to each other even when she visited the castle.

Besides the royal butler Michael, Prince Antonious never demanded her death like the others. The Queen also.

These second prince and the Queen...even if they never asked for her death, they have never tried to prevent it.

Rose knows how Michael felt about her sentence, she doesn't know how Prince Antonious and his mother truly felt about it.

So she doesn't know what to really feel about this backup prince.

But at this moment, Rose decides to be on the offensive.

"No Prince Antonious I won't. We were never close enough for me to call you that." Rose said with a scowl to the second Prince harshly.

Prince Antonious look up to her in shock.

"I-" He cut himself off, feeling hesitant in what to say.

Rose just continue to speak, Nick calmly standing by her side.

"We were never close enough to consider each other as friends. You have never tried to intervene in my case back then. So just say whatever you want to say and make it quick!" Rose surprise even herself when she said this.

Maybe I shouldn't have decided for us to follow him if I'm going to react that way, she thought.

"I'M SORRY!" Prince Antonious blurted out, abruptly standing up from where he sat on the grass.

"Wha..." Rose, and even Nick got caught off guard with the second prince's sudden outburst.

Is he actually apologizing to me...? Rose thought in shock.

"I'm sorry Rose! I'm sorry that I didn't say anything to stop your execution! I regretted my decision to keep my mouth shut! I thought following my father's word of law is the right thing to do as a prince, but I realized how wrong everything that has happened to you was." Prince Antonious admitted remorsefully.

Seeing his guilt-ridden expression, Rose decided to talk to him more softly.

"Do you actually mean it?" She asked him.

"Yes, I mean it! Back then, I was indifferent to how you were treated but deep inside myself...it felt so wrong! Like it was against the law of the divine!"

Divine intervention did got me to be reborn...Thought Rose, remembering the God of Rebirth that gave her a new chance at life.

"And I was such a weak prince that I was afraid to stand up for myself! By the gods, I STILL AM!" He emphasized.

Rose and Nick continues to listen to the second Prince silently.

"I am so spineless that I don't believe that I can ever take my brother's title as the crown Prince of the Solaris Kingdom! I don't even think I deserve the crown! Nor do I even want it!"

"That is why I wanted to talk to you Rose. To apologize for everything that have happened to you." Prince Antonious finished, his tone indicating his regret.

Note: I thought a lot of how I wanted this chapter to go, now here it is! Hopefully it makes sense. If not, I can always go back to it. I just want this story to flow smoothely.