Agreement

Thoma Edikons came back to them.

"Okay, After much thought I have decided....I will work for you to create a power source for that box." He said, pointing at the object of the conversation.

"Thank you for your answer Sir Thoma! Than we have an agreement-" Rose started to say but was cut off by Thoma.

"You promise to pay me and give me knowledge right?"

"Of course! I will make sure you won't regret it!"

"Alright...let's set up a contract. How about I visit your estate after Market Day is over," suggested Thoma.

"That's fine. I'll give you the address." Rose took out her pen and notepad from her handbag.

"Wait, what is that?" Thoma asked, pointing at the pen.

"Oh, this is a pen. It is used for writing," answered Rose.

Thoma walk closer towards Rose, which make Nick on edge and block Thoma from coming any closer. Thoma stopped walking and stood a good distance away from the two but could still see the sight of the pen.

"That doesn't look like a quill...tell me, does it write better?" He asked Rose.

"I'm not sure, but the pen stores ink inside it," Rose explained.

"Fascinating..." said Thoma with a thumb and forefinger under his chin.

Rose wrote down her address and ripped the paper out of her notepad and handed it to Thoma. Thoma took it from her.

"This piece of paper looks ever finer quality than what I'm used too. You know, I have been hearing rumors and I hope you can confirm it..."

Rose and Nick waited for him to continue.

"There are rumors that there are two people summoned from another world. Is it both of you?"

"Yes," Rose immediately answered. She won't lie to him.

"I don't know the full story but apparently you were Duke Meyer's daughter that was executed a month ago."

"Yes so will knowing that change your mind about our agreement?" Rose asked urgently.

If Thoma changes his mind than they can't contact their friends and family on their phone.

"No, I honestly don't care who you are. I only care about obtaining more knowledge," Thoma replied.

"So, we agree to see each other again after Market Day?" Rose asked for confirmation.

"Agreed."

"Alright, we will be on our way. We will see you soon."

"Alright then." Thoma nodded his head in goodbye.

Rose and Nick left Thoma and continued to explore more of the capital.

"I am just wondering...how is it possible for our phone to still work here?" Nick asked Rose while walking together.

"I don't know Nick. This shouldn't be possible at all..." Replied Rose.

Could something out of her understanding cause this?

Note: I have edited the previous chapters again. Now the story looks more polished. The story hadn't changed but I suggest reading it again because I added more words and sentences in some chapters.

Also, I am planning for this story to have lore like involving deities and other stuff.