Worry *Edited 4/4/23*

While Prince William tells all that has happened in the last few days and his woes to the comatose heroine, let's get back to our MCs.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Rose and Nick had been traveling in their carriage away from the king's castle.

"Hello Mr. Coachman?" Rose poked her head out the carriage window and called out to the coachman in the front.

"Yes my lady?" The coachman, who looks to be a middle aged man, replied looking over his shoulder.

"How far is our destination?" Rose asked.

"We are almost there my lady, just about 20 minutes more."

"No need to call me my lady, just call me Rose."

The coachman glanced back at her with an uncertain look, at the same time he has to watch the road.

"But that is not appropriate," he said.

"I insist," said Rose, "I am not a Duke's daughter anymore."

"Um, okay Miss Rose." The coachman agreed hesitantly.

Rose ducked her head back inside the carriage.

"So, how long until we reach our destination," Nick asked once Rose sat back down next to him.

"The coachman said about 20 minutes."

"Oh, that's not long. I have been looking at the time and it seems we have been traveling for almost half an hour."

"Were you looking at the time on your phone or watch?" Rose asked her boyfriend.

"I was looking at my watch. I was afraid to look at my phone or else I will see the battery percentage."

"I understand how you feel," Rose sympathized, "My phone is at 35% charge. Unfortunately in this world, there is no way we can recharge our phones as far as I know."

"Our phones are currently useless and dying," Nick stated.

"Yep," Rose agreed, popping the 'P' sound.

"Well...." Nick began, "This would've been a first world problem if we were back on Earth."

"Too bad this is not Earth," Rose said tonelessly.

"This really is a bummer, we can't call or text, watch videos, or in general know anything that's going on back on Earth. I'm worried about our family and friends back home knowing that we are missing," Nick admitted his distress while looking down on his lap.

"Oh Nick," Rose threw herself at Nick and hugged him tightly.

"I'm worried about them too. All the people I care about is back on Earth. I promise, as the prophesized savior of this damn world, I will have us go back home no matter what. We cannot be stuck here forever."

"Not just you."

"Huh?" Rose has a questioning look, staring at Nick.

"You don't have to go at it alone," said Nick, looking back at Rose.

"As your boyfriend, I will always have your back. I will protect you," Nick said, smiling. He hugged Rose back tightly.

"Nick, let's not lose hope," said Rose also smiling with tears in her eyes.

"Yes," Nick agreed.

"Oh! I just remembered something!" Rose suddenly exclaimed. She reached under their seat and pulled out a black wooden box.

????? (Nick)

"Noble carriages usually have a snack box here in Gaia." Rose had the box on her lap and showed the contents to Nick.

Inside there are bags of nuts, cookies, crackers, and candied fruit.

"Let's enjoy these for the rest of the trip," said Rose happily.

"Sure," Nick agreed.

The two enjoyed the snacks, even feeding each other while on their way to their destination.

And so, for the rest of the carriage ride is just contentment with the two people inside.