Past Part 1 *Edited 4/4/23*

Birth:

Rosalynn Lilliana Mayers was born on a winter day.

The day had a snowstorm, so it was snowing very heavily. The Duchess Mayers water broke on this day so the Duke had to have one of his servants call for a midwife and a doctor to attend his wife. The Duchess was laying in bed sweating so much and her skin had a sickly pale pallor.

The servant was able to find a midwife and a doctor in the snowstorm. All three shared a carriage to return to the Duke's estate. Unfortunately, they took a longer time to make it to the estate because of the increasing snow.

When they finally made it to the estate, the Duchess seemingly looks to be on the edge of death. The Duke was beside her bedside, clutching her hands as his wife screams in pain from her contractions. Duke Augustus Mayers had an expression of complete
anguish.

The young heir of the Mayer household, Tristan August Mayers, stood outside the bedroom door hearing his mother's suffering. With tears falling out, the three year old clenched his eyes shut, and prays that his mother and unborn sibling will be okay.

The midwife tried her best to support the Duchess and deliver the baby. It took hours for the Duchess to push the baby out. In those hours, the entire room is just filled with her screams.

The baby came into the world with a piercing wail. The midwife confirmed it is a girl. She wrapped the baby girl in a blanket and handed her over to Duke.

The Duke held the baby gently and took a look good at her. He saw that his daughter is very small and her face is flushed red from crying so much. Still, he sees that he has a beautiful baby daughter. He rarely shed any tears, but for the birth of his daughter he was overcome with emotion. He them smiled brightly.

So brightly that it would've lit the whole room.

He lifted his head to look at his wife on the bed. His smile instantly disappeared.

The Duchess was not looking too good. During the delivery of the baby, she was bleeding heavily. The doctor was able to stop the bleeding with his healing magic and tried his best with to cure the Duchess of any internal damage to her body, but it was too late.

You cannot cure someone who is seconds away from Death's door.

The Duchess painfully turn her head to look at her baby daughter being held by her husband. She stared longingly at them. She knows that her time is up and it saddens her that her daughter will not be able to see her mother. She struggles to open her mouth.

"Rosalynn..." The Duchess croaked out.

With finally naming her daughter, the Duchess closed her eyes for the final time.

The Doctor stood up from hunching over the Duchess to heal her and shook his head.

"The Duchess has passed on," said the doctor gravely.

"W-what? What did you say?! No, it can't be! Michelle!" The Duke cried out, the feeling of anguish filling his core. He harshly handed baby Rosalynn to the midwife and rushed over the the Duchess's cold body.

"Michelle! Please wake up! My belove wife, please don't leave me!" He hunched over the Duchess's cold body and desperately tried to shake his wife awake.

Baby Rosalynn, who had stopped crying while being held by the Duke, was now crying again and even louder before while in the arms of the midwife. The midwife tried to calm her down.

The Duke finally stopped his attempts at waking up his lifeless wife and stiffened at the sound of Rosalynn's cry. He stood straight up from his hunched form. His back to the midwife and baby daughter.