The Phone *Edited 11/6/23*

"W-what how can this be?" Rose couldn't believe what she is seeing. Her phone is still getting notifications and the date is on the current time from when they disappeared. Time is still flowing normally.

"Nick...do you see this?" Rose showed her phone closer to Nick's view.

Nick had a look of disbelief.

"Rose, check out the text messages," said Nick.

Rose began to type her passcode and then pressed on the Message app. She got multiple texts from her family and friends from Earth.

From the Message app:

ROSE WHERE R U?!!!!!! ~ Terrence, her older brother.

Sweetie please answer your calls! You have been gone a few days! Where are you?! Are you okay?! Please be safe! ~ Mom.

Honey, where are you?!!! Please be safe wherever you are! We have called the police to look for you!! ~ Dad.

ROSE, R U OK?!!! Where R U?!!! ~ Kaitlynn, her best friend.

"Is this real....?" Nick asked himself, in shock from seeing the text messages from Rose's phone. He took out his own phone from his back pocket.

"Hey Dude, can you please do the same for me?" Nick asked Thoma but the guy didn't respond back or follow Nick's request, he just furrowed his brows while staring at their phones.

"What is going on? Why are these 'boxes' you have so special?" Thoma asked.

Rose looks up from her phone to respond.

"I promise to show you something amazing right? How about an instant portrait!"

"An instant portrait?! What do you mean?" Thoma exclaimed in confusion.

Rose just wrapped her arms around Thoma's shoulders, surprising him.

"W-what in God's name are y-you doing?!" Thoma stuttered, uncomfortable with Rose touching him without permission.

"Say cheese!" Rose held her phone up for the right lighting to take a perfect selfie of her and Thoma.

Suddenly light flashed before his eyes, making him see colors.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Did she just touched another man?! Just how shameless can she be?!" Prince William said in anger.

"I wonder what is that black box she is holding, and why is she holding it up like that," said Tristan. He wants to find out about the current Rose. She will answer to him since he is her brother.

Both guys are still rooted on the same spot. Prince William had dropped his unfinished cotton candy onto the ground like Tristan.

The NPC cotton candy vendor mourned the loss.

"Her lover should be ashamed to have someone like her in his life. I would never let my Annalise be near any other man," Prince William stated.

"But William...Thoma is middle aged...with a wife and kids..." Tristan reminded him but Prince William didn't hear him.
-----------------------------------------------------------

After the flash of light that clouded his vision, Thoma shooked his head and blinked rapidly.

"What was that?!"

"I just took a picture of us, look!" Rose shoved her phone towards Thoma's face. Thoma's pupils dilated.

"EGAD!!! How is there already a painting of us in that box!!!" Thoma yelled out.

Thoma Edikons could not vanish his shocked Pikachu face.

He held up his trembling arm and pointed at Rose's smartphone.

"H-h h-how is-is this possible! Is that box you have in your hands the ultimate magic tool! A device of the gods!" The inventor exclaimed.

"Well it's not a magic tool nor it's created from any god," stated Rose, "it is called a smartphone and it is created by human hands."

"Where did you get it girl?! If there is more, I must seek it." Thoma Edikons said while his eyes are still glued to the "instant picture" on the screen.

"Do the same for my boyfriend's phone then we'll talk," said Rose.

Thoma Edikons turn to face Nick. Nick had his phone held out. Thoma just shoots from his finger a bolt of electricity into the charger hole like he did for Rose's phone.

Nick turn his phone on and the date pops up on the screen, the same date on Rose's phone.

April 29, 20XX.

He opened his message app and saw a bunch of texts.

Nick! Where R U bro!- Tim, his younger brother.

Son, I hope you are safe! Please come home! Your mother is deeply worried!- Dad.

Sweetie! Where are you! I am so worried about you! I hope you are safe somewhere! I love you son! Why aren't you answering us!-Mom

Nick felt guilt for making his family worried but the situation is out of his hands.

He then decided to text them back. He doesn't know if his texts will go through, but it wouldn't hurt to try. He formed a group chat with his family members.

Hello everyone. Please don't worry about me, I am fine. I am with Rose right now. You wouldn't believe what happened to us. - Nick.

Nick sent the message. A few seconds later there was an immediate response.

NICK!!!!!!!! YOU FINALLY TALK TO US! - Tim