The Demonstration Part 1

Note: The King's name is Alan now. I got it from the suggestion of one of my readers. The Queen's name is Tiana.

Today is the day of the demonstration. Rose and Nick have no choice but to return back to where they have started in this world: The Royal Castle.

Our belove couple have to set out in the late morning, and are now riding their carriage to head over the royal family's residence.

"Ugghh!" Rose groaned. "I don't feel ready for this! What if I don't have my water magic?!"

"Rose, it's better to get it over with. You never know if you might actually still have it." Spoke Nick.

"If I still have my water magic, how come it never activated back on Earth?"

"Maybe it's due to this world's energy is different from Earth's. Remember when the king said that being back in Gaia may unlock your magic again?"

"I still have my doubts! You know new body, new me! Unless the God that reincarnated me actually used my old body since I look exactly the same from my old life!"

"Now that I think about it..."Nick began to ponder, "Maybe it is possible the God did just that." He remarked.

"What?! Why do you think so Nick? I think it is more believable that the God of Rebirth created a new body for me." Rose was surprised her boyfriend would say that.

Nick opened his mouth to argue but was interrupted by the coachman.

"We have arrived Lady Rose and Sir Nick." Said the same coachman from before.

They have finally arrived at their destination.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Rosemarie and Nicolaus! I am so delighted that you both returned to my abode. Welcome back!" King Alan greeted them too cheerfully at the entrance. He finally said her full name correctly.

"Um, thank you Your Majesty." Said Nick respectfully.

Rose blinks at the king's optimism. "Ah, thanks Your Majesty. So now that we are here, when is the demonstration? I want to get right to it." She inquired impatiently.

The king twitched his brow. This girl is improving on her politeness to him, but she still speaks to him in a rude manner.

"That can come later, there is no need to rush. Your demonstration is in the afternoon upon your request, remember? How about you both join us for lunch before that happens?" King Alan asked them.

Rose began to contemplate.

"Well, okay then. I need the energy to attempt to call forth my water ability anyway." She decided. Nick also voiced his agreement.

"Alright, let us go to the dining room." Said the King.
-----------------------------------------------------------
In the dining room, everyone is silently eating their lunch. The course consisted of foods like roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and peas, meat pies, fruits, salads, and finger sandwiches. There are desserts like small cakes and puddings. For drinks there is wine, tea, and water. It seems there is not much on the drinks department in this world.

The seating arrangements remain the same as the last time. Luckily, Prince William refuse to look up or speak to to the couple, and is just keeping to himself. Prince Antonious or Toni occasionally looks at them, but didn't attempt to say anything. Rose is wondering if he mentioned to his parents that they are actually friends now.

Moments later, lunch is over.

"Let's head to my garden. That will be where the demonstration will be taken place." Said King Alan as he gets up with Queen Tiana, holding her hand as he did so.

Rose sighs and gets up with Nick, holding tightly to his hand. "Alright it's show time." She said.

So the royal family and Earthlings headed to the garden.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The couple is now outside the castle and in the garden. Rose sees that there are so many people of nobility outside as well. Those people are either chatting with each other or sitting down by the tables eating. The nobles hadn't noticed that the royal family have arrived yet.

"What is this a party?" Rose inquired, observing her surroundings.

"Well when you have a demonstration, you got to have witnesses." Stated King Alan.

"Witnesses?! I am going to embarass myself!" Rose whisper-yells distressfully. She doesn't want those nobles to notice her yet. "I rather not humiliate myself if my magic never appears! There is no need for these people to be around!"

"Relax Miss Rose, It will be fine." The king unexpectedly tries to calm her. "Everyone shall bear witness of this demonstration since you are the chosen one of the prophecy!"

"I can't f*cking relax dude! What if I fail?! What if we can never get back home?!" Rose said in a panic.

"Rose please try to remain calm. Just take deep breaths!" Nick advises her worriedly and began rubbing her back.

"Everything will be fine. I'm here for you."

"Thanks, Nick."

Rose did as he said, taking a few deep breaths. She really hates herself for being a emotional wreck, but she just couldn't help it.

"F*ck!" Rose swore suddenly, making Queen Tiana who is standing next to her husband gasp in shock. "If only I have Benzodiazepines."

"Benzo what?!" Asked Toni in confusion. That sounds like a word he has never heard in his life.

"It's medication for anxiety. I use it to calm my mind." Rose explains.

Prince William, who stood at the far side away from the couple continues to be silent, not engaging with any of them. Not that anyone notices nor does Rose care.

King Alan clears his throat.

"Attention everyone!" His booming voice caught the attention of all the nobles. All chatting ceased and all eyes are focused on their monarch.

"It is now time for the demonstration of Miss Rosemarie Victoria Dale! Our kingdom's chosen hero! Show her your support!" Continued the king.

All the nobles gave cheers and claps for the chosen one.

Rose sneered at their actions. These people were never excited about her in her past life. What hypocrites.

"Annalise is the chosen hero, not this evil witch," muttered Prince William so quietly that no one heard him.

The king turns his attention back to Rose.

"There is a large lake near my garden. We will all head over there. You will try to summon your water ability over the lake." He stated.

"Great." Said Rose sarcastically. She is not really excited for this.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Everyone in the garden have arrived at the lake. The servants have brought forth chairs for the royal family to sit down and watch on the sidelines.

"So just do what you used to do before to summon your water ability. You remember it don't you Miss Rose?" King Alan inquires as he sat down.

Rose rolled her eyes. "Of course I do Your Majesty. It's so simple."

"Alright, you can start the demonstration now."

Rose stood by the edge of the lake. Nick stood behind her a distance away to give his girlfriend room to concentrate.

Rose took a deep breath and outstretched her hands like Raven from Teen Titans doing Azarath Metrion Zinthos.

Do you want her to:

A: still have water magic

B. Something else (suggestions or you rather I surprise you?)

C. Show nothing

D. Don't care whichever