The Deal

While Nick just made his discovery, Rose is still having a conversation with Thoma.

"Now girl, where do I seek more of this...smartphone that you have. Is there someone that is an even greater inventor than myself? If so, I must find that person to pay my respects and ask them to teach me how to make that tool," said Thoma.

"Actually...there is no way for you to get a smartphone," Rose admitted.

"What?!!" Thoma suddenly shouted angrily. Losing some of his rational, he grabbed Rose's arm that held her phone, tightening his hold on her painfully.

"Ow!" Shouted Rose.

Hearing his girlfriend's cry of pain breaks Nick's trance with staring at his phone. He immediately went towards Thoma and pushed the guy roughly away from Rose.

"What the fuck are you doing hurting my girlfriend!" Nick said angrily and wrapped his arm around Rose.

Thoma had stumbled back from the push but immediately righted himself. He straightened his suit and faces the couple.

"How dare you lie to me! You said there is more of that magic box!"

"I never said that!" Rose corrected him. "I just said we'll talk because I wanted to make a deal with you!"

"A deal?! Why would I make a deal with you when you said I couldn't get the same box thing like you?!"

"You may not be able to get a phone....but what if I said that I can give you knowledge," said Rose.

"From what source," Thoma said skeptically with a scrunched face.

Rose held out her phone towards him.

"From this so called magic box that I have in my hand. It contains all the knowledge you can think of."

"Are you serious?!" Thoma said in disbelief, "And what do you want me to do for you?"

"I want you to create a power source for my phone,"said Rose.

"Why do you think I am the person who can create a power source for that device?" Thoma asked.

"I think with your electric ability and that keen mind of yours as an inventor, you are the right person for the job."

"A job huh? Are you going to pay me if I accepted this job?" Thoma said a bit arrogantly.

"Yes, I'll pay you." Rose confirmed.

"I need to step aside and think," said Thoma.

"Go ahead."

Thoma then walked away from the couple.

"Oh my god," Rose breathed out, "that was nerve wracking speaking to him. My phone was able to take pictures but I don't know if I can access anything else."

"I was able to text my family and they...texted me back," Nick piped up from behind her, still in shock about that.

Rose immediately twist around to face him.

"Are you serious babe?!" She exclaimed in surprise.

"Yeah...I didn't think it would work."

"Then internet access should bound to work! We should at least check to make sure! Quick, go on your browser! I hope I wasn't speaking only bullshit to that guy!"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Prince William and Tristan had found a bush to hide behind so that they can be in closer earshot to Rose. They couldn't hear the entire conversation but heard snippets of it.

"What the hell are they talking about a magic box?" Prince William asked Tristan.

"I don't know your highness but maybe it's that black box my sister is holding," Tristan answered.

"And it got Lord Thoma on edge," Prince William noted.

"I got to find out about that box no matter what."

Note: a couple days late from when I was supposed to post this chapter but I had to take my aunt to the hospital and lost track.