Celebration (Edited 2/17/24)

After the demonstration, everyone congratulated Rose.

The nobles, the same ones that like to put her down when she was Rosalynn, now say only good words about her.

It makes her sick how fake they are.

Rose wants to to home.

"Your Majesty, can we leave now?" Rose asked King Alan impatiently. They are all still outside.

"Leave? Why don't you stay longer Miss Rose? I have a surprise for you!" Said the king excitedly.

"A surprise?" Said Rose with suspicion.

"Come. Let us all head back inside my castle."

Rose and Nick glanced at each other before following the king. Everyone else follows.

Except one.

Prince William.

Once he made sure he is alone, the still drenched crown prince started screaming in rage.

"AAARRRRGGGG!!!"

Then he began to laugh hysterically with a crazy look.

"That f*cking wh*re! Ever since she appeared, she is ruining everything! She is ruining Annalise's destiny and my own image!" He grabs a fistful of hair and pulled at it while walking back and forth like a mad man.

"I need to wake Annalise up! I can't wait any longer! That witch and her lover needs to be thrown out of my kimgdom!"
-----------------------------------------------------------

It turns out that King Alan had set up a party as her surprise to celebrate her success of the demonstration beforehand. So it seems he actually expected the outcome.

Inside the grand hall of the castle, the atmosphere shifted from tension to jubilation as the unexpected success of Rose's water magic demonstration spread like wildfire. There are multiple tables everywhere in the room covered with plates of food and drinks. Musicians play some traditional tunes with their instruments on a stage. The nobles eagerly surrounded Rose, continuously showering her with praises and congratulations.

King Alan is immensely pleased with the turn of events. "Ladies and gentlemen, let us rejoice in the newfound abilities of Miss Rosemarie! Tonight, we celebrate her return and the potential she brings to our kingdom!"

The grand hall erupted into cheers and applause. Rose, still bewildered by the strange spectacle of her magic, found herself at the center of attention. Nick and Prince Toni stood by her side. Both young men offer her supportive smiles, with Nick holding her hand securely.

As the festivities unfolded, Rose couldn't escape the insincerity of the nobles. Their compliments felt like a facade, a stark contrast to the disdain they once directed at her. Rose longed for the familiarity of her real home back on Earth, away from the superficiality of Gaia's royal court.

No one noticed that Prince William didn't appear at the celebration.

"Your Majesty, may I be excused now?" Rose approached King Alan with a hint of impatience.

The king, noticing her discomfort, nodded understandingly. "Of course, Miss Rose. You've had quite an eventful day. Enjoy the celebration, and feel free to retire whenever you wish."

With a grateful nod, Rose made her way towards the exit, pulling Nick with her. Toni followed after them. Outside the grand hall, away from the forced festivities, Rose could finally breathe.

"I can't stand the fake smiles and hollow congratulations," Rose confessed to Nick and Toni.

Nick chuckled. "Well, at least they're acknowledging your abilities now, even if it's a bit late."

Toni added, "You handled the demonstration and my brother remarkably as well. His outburst only highlighted his true colors."

Rose sighed, "I just want to go back to the mansion and rest, away from all of this."

"How about I call for a coachman to take you both home?" Toni suggested.

Just then, King Alan approached them with a mysterious glint in his eyes. "Miss Rosemarie, before you leave, allow me to present you a gift."

Surprise painted Rose's expression, but there is a hint of curiosity in her eyes. "You have a gift for me King Alan? Thanks I guess, but I honestly don't need anything."

The king smiled warmly. "Consider this a token of appreciation for demonstrating your abilities." He presented her with a beautifully crafted necklace adorned with a crystal that shimmered like water.

"It's stunning," Rose exclaimed in shock as the king gently laid the necklace on her palm.

"As a symbol of your newfound magic," King Alan continued, "wear it proudly. Tonight, Gaia celebrates your return and the magic within you."

Staring at the necklace, Rose felt a mix of emotions. Amidst the chaos and insincerity, this moment of seemingly genuine kindness caught her off guard. Especially from someone like the king.

Unfortunately for him, Rose is not easily fooled.

She doesn't trust the king. At all.

Nick and Toni watches Rose and the king's interaction silently. Nick kept a close eye on the king since he sense some weird vibes from him.

"Well...thank you for the gift Your Magesty." She said to play along. She put the necklace in her dress pocket.

"Aren't you going to wear it Miss Rose?" King Alan asks, seeing her put the jewelry away.

Rose look at the king blankly. Internally, she feels suspicious of him.

Is that an urgent tone in his voice she heard?

"Maybe later Your Majesty." She replies curtly.

The king tries to keep his smile planted and not frown. "Alright, that is fine Miss Rose. I must go back to the grand hall. I will sent a letter to you later about our meeting schedules. Going forward, we will be planning together to stop the demon invasion."

Rose wanted to refuse to have any meetings with him, but having no choice, she reluctantly nodded in agreement.

"Okay Your Majesty."
----------------------------------------------------------

One the coachman arrives, Rose and Nick bid their farewells to the King, Queen, and Prince Toni as they left the castle, making their way towards the mansion. The night air was a welcome relief after the overwhelming display of fake admiration and grandeur.

Rose couldn't shake off the feeling that King Alan's intentions might not be as benevolent as they seemed. The necklace, with its shimmering crystal, held an air of mystery that Rose found unsettling.

Upon reaching the mansion, the couple headed to their room. The events of the day had taken a toll on Rose, and she needed to process everything.

Rose took out the necklace that King Alan had given her. The crystal sparkled in the dim light. Her mind raced with questions about the peculiar colors of her Core and the unexpected power surge during the demonstration.

"Is everything okay, Rose?" Nick asked beside her, his head leaning over her shoulder.

Rose sighed, "I'm just trying to make sense of all this. I can't believe I still have my water magic. My Core is even showing varying colors."

"Your Core? I think Toni mentioned that word back there. What is it anyway Rose?" Nick inquires.

"I'll explain it to you tomorrow Nick. Right now I feel tired. Let us just go to bed."

Nick nodded in understanding. "Alright."

The couple didn't say anything more. They stripped out of their clothes and headed to bed, their bare bodies pressed against each other. Rose had put away the necklace under a drawer. Anything that needs to be discussed will come tomorrow.