Flashbacks: An Unexpected Gathering

Timeskip - Ten Minutes Later, Living Room

Zelretch sighed deeply, his demeanor a mix of resignation and amusement.

Zelretch: Why did we have to buy these plastic chairs instead of sitting on the sofa?

Zaegar's response was sharp and unyielding, his tone laced with disdain.

Zaegar: Because Bitch, You're not allowed to touch my sofa or any of my stuff in general.

Zelretch attempted to appeal to their long-standing friendship, but Zaegar remained unmoved.

Zelretch: You allowed her but not me? Come on, we're old friends! You just met her!

Zaegar's retort was cold and uncompromising.

Zaegar: If she's anything like you, I'll just throw her and the sofa out with her and replace it with a new one. You should be honored I'm even looking at you.

Zelretch's response carried a hint of resignation, acknowledging the futility of their banter.

Zelretch: You just will not let that go, won't you?

Zaegar: You know what you owe me, motherfucker.

Meanwhile, both females in the room watched as Zaegar regarded the elderly gentleman with a look of frigid scorn. Said the gentleman raising his hands in a placating gesture.

Zaegar turned to one of the females. In a way, she was the complete opposite of his Mistress in terms of appearance. Red eyes, tall, and with quite the physique.

He snickered at Emi, who immediately saw his intent and tried to murder him with a glare. Said glare was then directed at the old Magician.

Emi: Kischur Zelretch Schweinorg, the Second Magician and the Wizard Marshall of the Mages Association.

Zelretch: Ah, it's a pleasure, young miss. I believe we haven't met. But before that, my condolences.

He said this while pointing a look at Zaegar. Emi nodded sagely.

Emi: I appreciate it. 

Zaegar: Fucking bitches, go to hell the both of you.

Emi: Let's skip the pleasantries, then. Why are you here?

Zelretch: It's rather impolite to ask a question without naming yourself first.

Emi: Fine. My name is Emi. As you can see, I'm the Master of the dumbass beside me. Before I asked the question, I didn't think you knew my Servant of all people.

Zelretch: Yes, I do know him. It's, er, a complicated issue.

Zaegar: It really isn't. He's just a sleazy asshole who can't follow through on his word.

???: Mmm-Hmm. You just described him perfectly.

Zaegar: Ha! I like her. Who's she?

Zelretch: Like myself, she was also intrigued by the situation. Her name is-

???: I have a mouth, Kischur. 

Zaegar's smirk widened, matching the newcomer's playful demeanor.

Zaegar: My condolences.

The newcomer returned the gesture with a smirk of her own.

???: I appreciate that.

Zelretch: Turning my words against me so soon? Give me a break, you two.

The newcomer introduced herself with a hint of mischief.