Promises and Collisions: Yhwach's Vow for Tatsumi

The Ryusen

We see a small blond boy playing the flute. The white-haired man with a mustache is with him as well.

???: Your sweet melody sounds as elegant as ever. The cruse ship has left the Imperial Capital, and no one can see us from the shore. It appears the timing will be perfect.

Said the man with the mustache.

??? 2: I've been playing for a long time now, and so all of the passengers should be nice and drowsy.

Said the blond-haired boy.

???: There may be people on board who don't appreciate the beauty of your music. You'll have to be weary.

??? 2: Of course.

Tatsumi Pov

I was currently in the dining room when I heard the sound of a flute playing in the background. I then saw people falling to the ground, as if they had fallen asleep on the spot. I felt weak in my legs.

Tatsumi: (in thought) What the hell is going on? That flute must be causing this. I have to get outside!

I thought to myself as I made my way onto the deck of the ship.

Tatsumi: (in thought) Agh! I can still hear it out here! It has to be a Teigu.

???: Hey, little fella, it's supposed to be nap time.

I turned my head to the right to see the person who said that. It was a tall man with dark blond hair, white eyes, and a beard.

???: And here I was going to let you live if you were sleeping.

Tatsumi: (in thought) This could be really bad news. I better warn Yhwach.

I thought to myself,

???: You must be one of those Night Raid posers I've heard about.

???: Hahaha! Does that make you think that you're the real deal? This should be good! Here, catch.

He said this as he tossed me a sword.

Tatsumi: What's the sword for?

???: I want to fight fairly. I want to make sure I get experience points for this. Always looking to get stronger.

He said this as he unsheathed a big, double-sided axe.

???: Come at me, little man!

Tatsumi: Uhh, sure. I can give you some experience. But it's not going to be pretty!

I said as I grabbed the sword and jumped into the air.

???: Ahh, confidence! I like that! Man, it's going to be fun to crush you.

I went in for a downward slash, but he smashed the floor with his axe, which forced me to back away.

???: It's amazing that you were able to dodge that attack after that music debuff. Now, let's see how you handle this!!

He said this as he split the axe in two and threw one at me like a frisbee.

I dove under the blade just in time, but it turned around and cut me in the stomach.

Tatsumi: Are those things your Teigu?

I said while holding my stomach to try to stop the bleeding.

???: Yep! Double Great Axes Belvacc! Bet a low-level punk like you can't even hit it!

He said this as he threw another one at me.

I tried to dodge it, but it scraped my cheek. It turned around to come back at me, but I had an idea.