The Battle Against the Raiders

Clementine Pov:

We made our way out of the bell tower and met the others in the yard. I made eye contact with Sarah and she smirked as she watched Violet and I step into the yard. 

I glanced over at Violet and sighed.

Clementine: I'll talk to you later.

I said. She nodded with a smile.

Violet: See ya, Clem.

She said as I turned and walked over to Sarah. Marlon stood in front of her with his back pressed to one of the pillars on the wall. 

Sarah: Hey Clem. Did you have fun?

She asked as I approached her. Marlon looked up and cleared his throat.

Marlon: I'm gonna let you two talk.

He said before walking away from us.

Sarah: How was your... date?

Sarah giggled causing me to roll my eyes and cross my arms. 

Clementine: It wasn't a date. And what about you and Marlon. You've been spending an awful lot of time together. I've noticed you not coming to bed some nights. I assume you're sleeping somewhere.

I teased causing her to chuckle. 

Sarah: I've been open about who I like... It's you that's been keeping secrets. Now spill it, you like Violet.

She crossed her arms waiting for my response. 

I sighed and shook my head. 

Clementine: Fine, okay, I like Violet.

Sarah chuckled and clapped her hands. 

Sarah: I knew it. I will admit, I almost thought you'd end up with Louis. You can't tell me you haven't noticed the way he looks at you.

She raised an eyebrow at me. 

Clementine: Louis is sweet, but...I don't know. The night we all found out about Marlon, I saw in his eyes that he didn't want to believe what we were saying. I feel like if Brody hadn't been there to vouch for us, he definitely would have believed Marlon over me.

I shook my head. 

Sarah: But didn't Kenny say Violet was dating Minerva before Marlon gave her and her sister away? Do you really think she would be able to see her and not have those feelings again? Louis and Marlon are best friends. I mean... Would you believe someone who just came into the group if they told you I or Lee had been lying to you this whole time?

She questioned.

I sighed. 

Clementine: No, probably not. Because I trust you.

I shook my head. 

Sarah: Who knows, Violet could still have feelings for Minerva? I'm not telling you what to do, Clem. But I think you should make sure this is truly what she wants before you decide.

Sarah suggested. 

I nodded. 

Clementine: I hear you. Thank's for the advice. It's my turn for lookout. Wanna join me?

I questioned. 

Sarah: Duh. We haven't really had much time to talk since we got here.

Sarah smiled as she followed me to the lookout. 

Sarah: This place is... Amazing. Everything feels normal again.

Sarah said as she leaned on the boards surrounding the lookout, staring out at the walkers that lingered around the front gate.