Ties that Bind: The Weight of Night Raid's Purpose

Yhwach Pov:

Yhwach watched as Tatsumi, determined and sorrowful, helped in burying his friends. The moon cast an eerie glow over the graves, and the night air was filled with a somber stillness. Yhwach, standing beside Tatsumi, could sense the weight on the young man's shoulders.

Yhwach: Tatsumi, you need not shoulder this burden alone. I can handle it.

Tatsumi, dirt-streaked and weary, looked up at Yhwach with a mixture of gratitude and defiance.

Tatsumi: No, Yhwach, they were my friends. I can't just stand by and let you do everything. I need to do this for them.

Yhwach nodded in understanding, acknowledging Tatsumi's determination. Together, they continued to dig the graves and lay Tatsumi's friends to rest. The process was both a cathartic release of grief and a solemn tribute to those who had suffered unjustly.

As they worked in silence, Yhwach found himself respecting Tatsumi's resilience. The young man had been thrust into a world of darkness, yet he faced it head-on, seeking justice for the friends he had lost.

Once the graves were dug, Tatsumi and Yhwach carefully laid the bodies to rest, covering them with dirt. Tatsumi, his emotions raw, whispered a few words of farewell and gratitude to each of his fallen friends.

Tatsumi: I promise, I won't let their deaths be in vain. I'll make sure justice is served.

Yhwach: You have my support, Tatsumi. We'll face this darkness together.

After completing the solemn task, Yhwach and Tatsumi stood by the graves, a silent understanding passing between them.

Yhwach observed Tatsumi, recognizing the inner turmoil that still lingered within him. The weight of the loss and the newfound responsibility to seek justice pressed heavily on Tatsumi's shoulders.

Yhwach: Tatsumi, You need some time alone to think through the events that have transpired. I'll head back to the base. Take all the time you need here.

Tatsumi looked up, a mix of gratitude and understanding in his eyes.

Tatsumi: Thank you, Yhwach. I just need to process everything.

Yhwach nodded and gave Tatsumi a reassuring pat on the shoulder before turning to leave. The Night Raid's base was a short distance away, hidden in the shadows to avoid detection. Yhwach walked through the moonlit night, his mind grappling with the darkness that permeated the capital.

Tatsumi was still outside, recalling the memories that he and his friends had together.

(Flashback)

Sayo: "Let's make a pact that when we die, We die together!"

Ieyasu: "We're going to be leaders in the Imperial Capital!"

Tatsumi: "And make enough money to save the village. We'll be heroes!"

(End of Flashback)

Tatsumi: (in thought) So much for that.

Tatsumi sighed in contemplation, feeling a soft touch on his head.

Tatsumi: Huh?

He looked up and saw Leone.

Leone: Hehehe.

Leone chuckled.

Tatsumi: WHAAA!! DON'T SNEEK UP ON ME LIKE THAT!!!

He said this while backing away from Leone.