Chapter 127: Soul

"I can't let this go any further. I've got no clue what would happen if her soul devours mine, but I've got a gut feeling that I'll probably die. And I'm not planning on dying anytime soon," Aurianna declared with a confident grin.

"But seriously, how do I fix this mess? Do I consult Eva and the system for guidance?" Aurianna mused aloud.

"They might have a way to fix this, and also remove this woman from me. Because if I keep collapsing like this because of her, it won't be good for me in deadly situations," Aurianna said, glaring at the pesky soul.

"Chi, chi, chi, la, la, la watch yourself former White Diamond! My soul is mine and I won't let you easily devour me! My body and soul is mine and mine alone! And I'm going to make you regret ever entering my body, you bitch!" Aurianna declared boldly, her words sending ripples of fury through the larger soul.

Aurianna walked closer to the towering soul, her hands reaching out to touch it, channeling a blast of destructive light magic. But, it was like throwing confetti at a brick wall it had zero effect.

"This is gonna be tougher than I thought," Aurianna muttered, sighing.

Out of nowhere, Aurianna felt her body being sucked into the larger soul. She tried to fight it, but it was like an invisible magnet pulling her in against her will.

Aurianna found herself surrounded by darkness when she finally opened her eyes again.

And there she was, the former White Diamond, wearing a smug expression.

"What's so funny?" Aurianna demanded, giving her a glare, but White acted like she couldn't even see her nor did she acknowledge her presence.

"White Diamond, you've crossed the line!" a fiery redhead man yelled, his temper flaring and Aurianna couldn't help but turn to see what was happening.

"Oh, and what are you gonna do about it?" White retorted with a haughty grin.

"I'm gonna put a stop to this madness. It's unbelievable that kill off your own family, your brothers and sisters!" Red fumed, his anger boiling over.

White just scoffed disdainfully, "You lot were never family to me. You all stopped being my kin the day they crowned that clueless and imbecilic brat, Purple Diamond, as our ruler. Making that brain dead brat ruler was the day you all lost me as a sister."

"This very attitude of yours is precisely why you were never deemed fit for leadership. You persistently looked down on others!" Red seethed.

"That's because I am better than all of you. I'm the flawless ruler fit to govern all the dimensions!" White declared with a prideful gleam in her eye.

"What in the world are they blabbering about, this is probably White Diamond's memory? And what are these dimensions? Eva tried to drill that into my head during those astrology lessons, but I can't say it stuck around much," Aurianna admitted with a nonchalant shrug. "And why do I keep forgetting important stuff? It's strange, because I used to have a pretty sharp memory back in my past life."

She shifted her gaze toward White Diamond and pondered aloud, "Could it have something to do with her devouring my soul? It's starting to feel like I'm overthinking this."

Aurianna sighed, her expression conveying her frustration. "Yeah, I've always had a tough time with education, not my strongest quality," she admitted with a resigned nod.

"White!!!" Red Diamond's furious shout pierced the cosmic space, his body ignited like the sun, his fiery form casted a blood-red glow across the universe. Enormous celestial beings ablaze with crimson flames loomed around burning with the same bright red flames.