Chap 1: Why??

Sandeph, the human High Land, was a place of peace and tranquility. The kingdom was built around a lush green landscape, with towering forests of trees in an array of colors, and a pristine river that sparkled like crystal, its currents meandering through the very heart of the kingdom flowing. The heart of the kingdom was home to over a hundred thousand medieval buildings made of stone or wood, while the streets were a buzz with life and energy, with humans of all ages jostling about.

The kingdom was often filled with the sound of laughter and joy, as children happily played in the sun-dappled meadows and knights mingled with the common folk leisurely.

Amidst the throngs of people were those with horns or animalistic features; they were treated as outcasts and forced into cages, a cruel reminder of their differences.

There was wonder and magic that filled the cobblestone streets, the kingdom was fortified by towering walls that protected it from any outside threat.

Perched atop a craggy mountain, the imposing Crystal Palace loomed over the kingdom like a beacon of power and luxury. Its translucent walls glimmered in the sunlight, casting prismatic reflections across the land below. The palace, a sprawling complex of stone bricks and enchanting crystals, served as the opulent residence of the royal family. A towering golden gate guarded the entrance to the palace, a symbol of the royal family's immense wealth and prestige.

Sandeph was a kingdom that revered a certain princess with utmost admiration and adoration. Her name was Aurianna, the third child of the King born from his first wife. She had two older brothers, the eldest named Husae and the younger named Ralph, but it was Aurianna who stole the hearts of the people with her innocent beauty.

With long white twin pigtails that cascaded down her back, while her crystal blue eyes sparkled with a charm that could enchant even the most hardened of hearts. Her angelic smile was a ray of hope that shone through the bleakness of Sandeph. Despite her slender frame, her figure was still enchanting, and her skin was as fair as snow, made even more striking by the pink gown she wore often.

Aurianna was a princess born with a silver spoon in her mouth, granted everything her heart could desire from her birth. She was raised to believe that the world was her oyster, and that her father, the king, would give her anything she wished for.

Despite her privileged upbringing, Aurianna was not haughty nor spoiled. She could often be found strolling through the streets, engaging with commoners and listening to their plights. She was known for organizing charity events to provide much-needed aid and resources to those in need. Aurianna's pure heart and generosity earned her the love and respect of the people of Sandeph.

The adoration that the kingdom had for Aurianna was unparalleled, and they indulged her every whim. However, the reason for their favoritism ran deep. An ancient prophecy foretold that a princess born in the land of Sandeph would rise as the revered Saintess, a savior who would lead humanity in a crusade against the demons and vanquish them. Though no one knew for certain which of the princesses would be the chosen one, many believed that it would be Aurianna, given her popularity and kind nature.

And while many believed this prophecy, peace filled the land. However, that peace came crashing down when their High Land was attacked by a large number of demons. Demons were very similar to humans, the main difference being their coloring. Their skin appeared in various different colors and shared unique features such as horns, or extremely sharp teeth. And their most noticeable feature was their sclera being black and their slit pupils.

Though their appearance was a bit unsettling, it was their power that truly set them apart. A single demon was said to be as strong as five human warriors, making their assault upon the High Land all the more devastating. The humans fought back with all their might, but it seemed as though they were no match for the ruthless demons. The once serene streets were now stained with blood, and the sounds of battle echoed through the once-peaceful kingdom.