Chapter 37: War

"The day for war is finally here. Feeling the adrenaline?" Eva asked beaming, as she and Aurianna were walking down the hall towards the throne room, along with other children of all sizes before her and behind her.

"Not really, I was having a good sleep," Aurianna replied, as she rubbed her eyes.

"Have some passion…some fire," Eva looked at Aurianna, her eyes burning with excitement.

"But the battle isn't starting now," Aurianna said dully.

"Fair enough," Eva nodded.

"Feeling sleepy, Aurianna?" asked a fair young man who looked at Aurianna with his purple eyes covered by his golden spectacles.

"Yes, big brother Freed. I was sleeping so well until father summoned us all," Aurianna pouted and Freed smiled at her as they walked.

[ Name: Freed Vanluad ]

[Age: 63 ]

[Race: High Human ]

[ Level: 246 ]

[Class: Nature Elementalist ]

Freed was a seven foot guy who looked like seventeen year old teenager who had long braided yellow hair that reached his ankles and looked like a scorpion's tail. His hair was filled with various flowers of all different colours. And he had a sweet smile. He wore a black robe that looked like a suit with trousers beneath it and a pair of black shoes.

Compared to others, Aurianna looked so tiny that it made him laugh.

He patted her head with his right hand and ruffled her hair.

"Don't spoil my hair, do you know how long this took to groom it?" Aurianna growled at Freed and he couldn't hold in his laughter.

"I heard my little sister became scary but you're still as adorable as ever," Freed said with a smile but Aurianna pouted and looked away.

'A pity he died before I reached thirteen.' Aurianna thought sadly.

'Oh, tell me the story.'

Aurianna sighed, "Well Freed believed Humans and other races could live in peace but King Girsal disagreed with that. So Freed left and formed a pacifist group that believed in a world where races could live in peace. But after a few months I heard of his death. I'm sure King Girsal killed him."

"Agreed, but I'm sure he would've had a lot of haters too, to try to create peace in such a power hungry continent," Eva added.

"He was one of the people who always had my back and encouraged me when I felt down. And he even placed his life on the line for mine," Aurianna recalled and clenched her fist.

"Didn't someone else place their life on the line for you, but you still got betrayed by them?" Eva chuckled and Aurianna bit her lower lip.

Of course she remembered. And she laughed dryly as her eyes turned cold remembering what happened. She remembered three commoners and one noble whom she considered her friends, they were truly like the best of friends. There had been times when she was in danger against thieves and monsters and her friends fought bravely with their lives to protect her.

However when they were having a picnic in her friend's mansion and they were suddenly attacked by demons, one of them threw her toward the demons who slashed her gut. Aurianna laid on the ground that was dyed red by her blood. She thought she was going to die. She called for help but they all looked at her then at the demon in fear before speeding off. Forgetting that she was a Saintess so even if they died while she woould have revived them. Luckily she was a Saintess so her wounds healed quickly once the demon left and she was rescued by her Divine Knights.