Chapter 24: What is a Diamond?

"Yes, I have a question which I've been wondering for a while now, what is this Diamond Race?" A curious tone laced Aurianna's question, catching Eva's attention.

"Well, well, looks like someone's curious," Eva replied, a hint of intrigue in her voice. "You're the offspring of a pretty powerful entity, and let me tell you, you're not alone in this. Diamonds, are these mysterious beings that even I can't fully understand. But the more I learn about them, the more captivated I become about their existence. They're responsible for creating universes, planets, chaos, heaven, they're even credited with bringing life into existence, or so the stories go. Though, gotta admit, it's all based on what I've read."

Eva's demeanor shifted, a chill creeping into her expression. "Now, here's the thing. These Diamonds, they possess power that can rival the mighty Regals. And those Regals, a hateful group of godlike beings who thrive on causing chaos."

Pausing for a moment, Eva gauged Aurianna's comprehension. The young girl sat there, her eyes fixed on Eva, absorbing every bit of information as best she could.

"So, are these Diamonds stronger than the gods?" Aurianna inquired, her voice filled with genuine curiosity.

"Stronger than you can even begin to imagine." Eva responded, her words dripping with awe. She continued, "Aurianna, you and your sister Leila are among the thirteen chosen Diamonds who hold the power to be ranked fourth in the Diamond rankings. But right now, well, let's just say you're at the bottom of the list."

Aurianna tilted her head, her face reflecting deep thought. "Can I ask you something else?" she asked, her voice tinged with curiosity.

Eva let out an exaggerated eye roll, accompanied by a playful sigh. "You're my master, kid. I'm obligated to answer any questions you have!"

'I'm glad that rule exists, but why do I find that wording irritating…' Aurianna thought with a slightly irritated expression.

"Well, what should I do when I see a Regal?" Aurianna asked curiously.

"Run. Just run for your life," Eva responded, her tone devoid of any hesitation.

"What?!" Aurianna gasped in surprise, taken aback by Eva's unexpected answer. She had anticipated something along the lines of "stand your ground and fight till the bitter end."

Eva's response was immediate, catching Aurianna off guard. Up until now, Eva had shown herself to be a master schemer, someone who seemed to derive pleasure from the suffering of others. So, hearing her advise running instead of fighting was quite unsettling for Aurianna.

Eva pressed her finger against Aurianna's forehead repeatedly, emphasizing her point. "Listen up, kid. You're no match for a Regal in your current state. Those menaces are practically immortal. How on earth do you defeat someone who can regenerate every time you land a blow? And to make matters worse, their attacks get stronger when you try to fight back. They're like war maniacs, I tell you! Trust me, in your current condition, there's simply no way to beat them. Your number one priority should be to survive and get stronger," Eva yelled, her voice filled with urgency. "I'm dead serious about following this advice, okay? This isn't like leveling up your skills—it's a matter of life or death. You either listen to me or end up dead."

Curiosity brimming within her, Aurianna mustered the courage to ask, "Have you ever fought a Regal?"

"Yes, I have," Eva replied, her expression darkening. "And those bastards were the ones who ruthlessly tore off my wings." She paused, a deep sense of resentment evident on her face. "All we can do is pray that we never come across an exceptionally powerful Regal."

'Eva had wings? I wonder what they looked like,' Aurianna pondered while she stared at Eva.

Setting her curiosity aside, Aurianna refocused her attention on the topic at hand. "So, what exactly does a Regal look like? If they're truly as dangerous as you claim," she inquired, her eyes fixed on Eva.