Chapter 67: Carol is Back

______

The rhythm of Aurianna's heart intensified, the sound of its thump echoing through her chest, as she and Leila stood defiantly before the towering entity. Though it resembled a void Reaver, this one exceeded all expectations, stretching over six hundred feet tall and bristling with malevolent spikes that emitted a pulsating, sickly violet glow.

Despite their valiant efforts, Aurianna and Leila bore the marks of a harrowing battle, their bodies mangled and marred by countless cuts and bruises. In stark contrast, the entity before them appeared unscathed, its wrathful gaze bearing down upon them with a chilling intensity.

[ Void Reaver Queen ]

[ Stats: ??? ]

"Despite her large size, she sure is fast," observed Leila, to which Aurianna concurred with a silent nod.

'I kinda regret provoking her now?' Regret gnawed at Aurianna's core as she recalled the events that led to their perilous predicament. When she and Leila infiltrated into the core of the Void Reavers the duo relentlessly destroyed all the eggs, killed and devoured the stronger Void Reavers protecting the area.

Unfortunately, they didn't notice the danger that lurked in the shadows, a danger that arose from the agonizing wails of a newborn Void Reaver. In a flash, a colossal entity sprang forth from the depths of a dark pit and attacked them with blinding speed, too swift even for their trained reflexes.

Now in the current timeline.

"Trespassers I do not care if you're in relation with Eva because soon your revival time would run out," sneered the beast, grinning maniacally as she flexed her scythe-like fingers. Her emerald eyes glinted with an insectile menace as she towered over them.

"What the hell do you mean?" Aurianna questioned cautiously, her fingers clenched tightly around a sleek bazooka as she surveyed her surroundings.

The Void Reaver Queen grinned wickedly as she circled around them, her every step oozing with arrogance and malevolence, "I've noticed we've been fighting for a few years without rest, but do you think as long as you're in this domain you're immortal?"

The Queen sneered, her voice dripping with disdain, "Eva just placed a time rewind magic on you, her spell may grant you an accelerated revival, however, it is also your weakness!"

Aurianna's patience wore thin at the Queen's taunts, "Enough yapping, let's fight!!" she bellowed in defiance before unleashing a white-hot beam of destruction from her bazooka, obliterating the Queen in a colossal explosion. But the triumph was short-lived as the Queen materialized before her in a flash, her movements too swift for Aurianna's senses to discern. In an instant, the Queen sliced Aurianna's body to ribbons, reducing her to a heap of quivering flesh.

'She's faster! In less than a second, she took Aurianna out. This is bad,' Leila thought nervously, and her body underwent a transformation, taking on the form of a majestic white dragon. With a mighty roar, Leila sunk her teeth into the Queen's impenetrable exoskeleton, only to have them shattered upon contact. The Queen of the Void Reavers glared at Leila with an insatiable hunger, her jaws widening to swallow the dragon whole. In a brutal flash, the Queen decapitated Leila by biting off her neck, her severed head rolling to a stop at the Queen's feet before turning into white light.

The Void Reaver Queen cackled wickedly as Aurianna and Leila charged towards her. "How impatient you two are," she taunted, "What do you think would happen if you die faster than the magic can revive you?!!" she growled causing the ground to shake beneath their feet.

"Aurianna," Leila called out to Aurianna who was next to her.

"Yes Leila?"

"She's right." Leila looked up at the Void Reaver Queen nervously. "I feel the revival time is getting slower, same goes for our healing time."