Chapter 10: Lies

༻————— ˗ˋˊ˗ —————༺

The healers exerted their utmost efforts to heal Aurianna's wounds, yet he acknowledged the limitations of his abilities compared to the awe-inspiring restorative power possesed by a Saintess. Despite their best efforts, the lingering marks of her torture remained visible. Regrettably they found themselves helpless to further alleviate her suffering. While it was conceivable that a more thorough healing could have been achieved given more time, the urgency of the situation left them with no choice—they couldn't keep King Girsal 's summons waiting.

As Russell nervously walked alongside Aurianna, she anxiously bit her nails, walking ahead of Aurianna who was being forcefully dragged along. She was fully aware of the weight of the situation.

The two of them were being forcibly escorted to the grand hall, where they would face the imposing figure of King Girsal and his assembled subjects. In a jarring display, Aurianna was unceremoniously thrown before King Girsal and his assembled subjects.

King Girsal , seated upon his lofty throne, peered down with a mixture of confusion and curiosity at the disheveled sight before him. The rays of sunlight casting a halo-like glow behind him lent an air of magnificence, perhaps magnifying his presence and strength beyond his true nature.

With a derisive tone, he scoffed, "What is the meaning of this?!"

General Huns, Russell's father, bellowed with anger, "Your majesty, this is the treacherous Saintess Aurianna!"

"Yes, I am aware," King Girsal retorted, his eyes narrowing with intensity. "But what I truly seek to know is the identity of the audacious culprit responsible for this outrage. Who dares to disfigure my own daughter?"

King Girsal struggled to recognize her in the state she was in, taken aback by the severity of her condition. General Huns, aware of the imminent danger facing him and his daughter, let out a nervous chuckle. He understood the dire need to present a convincing argument, for failure to do so could result in swift and severe consequences.

Clearing his throat, he began, "Well, your majesty, you see... my daughter resorted to such drastic measures because she believed that the Saintess was employing her beauty to ensnare the hearts of the people to escape."

King Girsal 's eyes widened in disbelief, but quickly gave way to an overwhelming fury. "Outrageous! Guards, since she had the audacity to do such a thing, slash her face! Inflict as much pain as possible!"

Russell cried out, bowing deeply before King Girsal , her body fully prostrated on the ground. "Your majesty, I beg for your forgiveness."

King Girsal 's rage remained unyielding as he bellowed, "I am certain that my orders were crystal clear! Guards!"

"Your majesty, I humbly beseech you to show mercy towards my daughter," General Huns pleaded, dropping on one knee.

Disregarding General Huns, King Girsal extended his hands dismissively. "Take her away!"

"Your majesty, I beg your forgiveness... I am truly sorry," Russell sobbed as she was forcibly taken away, her voice filled with remorse and desperation, but not regret.

King Girsal 's gaze fell upon Aurianna, her body adorned the multitude of cuts and bruises that marred her delicate frame. She alarmingly appeared frail, as if her very life force had been drained through the numerous injuries inflicted upon her. With his heightened senses King Grisal frowned the possibility of poisoning loomed, further tarnishing the purity of the Saintess's blood. Russell had irreversibly tainted the pristine essence of the Saintess. Surprisingly, after two weeks of consuming her blood, King Girsal himself experienced a remarkable transformation, appearing rejuvenated as if he had reverted to his youthful prime. Curiously, however, no one dared to question the source of his rejuvenation.