Chapter 28: Petty Revenge

"Hey Eva, I'm heading out," Aurianna declared as she gracefully descended from her bed, her tone brimming with a sense of purpose.

"For what reason, exactly? It's not like you have any pressing matters to attend to in your father's extravagant mansion. Besides, you've barely spent an hour in your room," inquired Eva, her curiosity piqued by the mischievous grin that had adorned Aurianna's face mere moments ago.

"Well, there's someone I need to settle the score with," Aurianna responded, a twisted expression creeping across her features.

Aurianna tapped on the door, which swung open to reveal a female knight adorned in resplendent golden armor. Politeness radiated from her as she inquired, "Is there anything you require, Princess Aurianna?"

"Could I possibly be allowed to leave my chambers?" Aurianna asked, her voice adopting an endearing and almost childlike quality. For reasons unknown, the knight felt an overwhelming compulsion to grant Aurianna's request, obligingly opening the door.

Stepping out into the hallway, Aurianna noticed the knight attempting to trail behind her. Fixing them with an authoritative gaze, she warned, "I'm leaving, so please don't follow me." Her threatening stare caused the four knights to tremble in fear, readily nodding in agreement.

Skipping merrily through the grand corridors, Aurianna's joyous demeanor shifted as her eyes landed on a familiar face.

"Well, well, if it isn't my dear sister who arrived all by themselves. Funny enough, I was actually planning on paying your chambers a visit," Ralph sneered, a displeased yet cocky expression etched upon his face as he addressed Aurianna in a condescending manner.

"So, you insolent little brat, how dare you humiliate me in front of our father?" Ralph seethed with anger, striding purposefully towards Aurianna and lifting her by her dress. Despite his five-year advantage in age, he was only slightly taller than her.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Aurianna warned with a menacing glare, causing Ralph to release his grip and take several steps back. He stared at his trembling hands, a mixture of confusion and frustration crossing his face.

"Why... Why am I trembling?" Ralph questioned internally, his gaze fixed upon Aurianna. The realization that his own fear had overtaken him unsettled him.

"Know your place!" Ralph exclaimed, raising his hand with the intent to strike Aurianna. However, before his blow could land, a sudden surge of searing warmth coursed through his arm, accompanied by a sharp, agonizing pain. In shock, he watched as his left arm was brutally severed, falling to the ground with a sickening thud.

"Arrrghh!!" Ralph crumpled to the floor, tears mingling with his cries of anguish as he stared at his dismembered limb lying before him. Overwhelmed by pain and despair, he cursed Aurianna, his voice trembling with rage. "You wretched creature! Father will surely punish you when he sees this!"

Aurianna's gaze remained cold as ice, unyielding in the face of Ralph's accusations. "I always knew there was a devil lurking beneath that seemingly innocent smile of yours! It seems all the girls in this palace are alike."

A smirk played on Aurianna's lips as she towered over Ralph, her voice dripping with disdain. "Listen here, dimwit. Do you honestly think I give a damn?" Her threatening tone reverberated in the air.

"And if every girl were to wear the same ugly expression you do, then indeed, we would be no different. But this is just the beginning," Aurianna retorted, her annoyance palpable. She took a step closer, her gaze cold as she continued, "Do you find it amusing to bully me in front of our father? Is it some sort of twisted entertainment?"